Author Topic: CNN’s Lemon: Nikki Haley ‘Not In Her Prime’ — A Woman’s Prime ‘in 20s, and 30s and Maybe 40s’  (Read 1676 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
CNN’s Lemon: Nikki Haley ‘Not In Her Prime’ — A Woman’s Prime ‘in 20s, and 30s and Maybe 40s’

Pam Key 16 Feb 2023

CNN anchor Don Lemon said Thursday on “CNN This Morning” that former Gov. Nikki Haley (R-SC) was not in her prime while discussing her call for mental competency tests for politicians aged 75 and up.

Partial transcript as follows:

LEMON: This whole talk about age makes me uncomfortable. I think it’s the wrong road to go down. She says people, you know, politicians are suddenly not in their prime. Nikki Haley isn’t in her prime. Sorry, When a woman is in their prime in 20s and 30s and maybe 40s.

POPPY HARLOW: What are you talking about?

LEMON: That’s not according to me.

HARLOW: Prime for what?

LEMON: It depends. It’s just like, prime. If you look it up. If you Google when is a woman in her prime, it’ll say 20s, 30s, 40s.

HARLOW: Forties! Oh my god, I have another decade.

LEMON: I’m not saying I agree with that. So I think she has to be careful about saying that, you know, politicians are in their prime.

HARLOW: Are you talking about prime for, like, childbearing? Or are you talking about prime for being president?

LEMON: Don’t shoot the messenger, I’m just saying what the facts are. Google it. Everybody at home, when is a woman in her prime? It says 20s, 30s and 40s. I’m just saying Nikki Haley should careful about saying that politics are not in their prime, and they need to be in their prime when they serve. She would not be in her prime according to Google or whatever it is.

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2023/02/16/cnns-lemon-nikki-haley-not-in-her-prime-a-womans-prime-in-20s-and-30s-and-maybe-40s/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

Clay Travis
@ClayTravis
Don Lemon says Nikki Haley isn’t in her prime as a politician because she’s not in her 20’s, 30’s or 40’s. Holy shit. She’s only 51! Biden’s 80! This may be the dumbest thing ever said on CNN. And I love that he cited Google as his source

Don Lemon’s political research for his show is literally, by his own words, googling, “When is a woman in her prime?” and then taking whatever he reads there as fact. Simply remarkable.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mountaineer

Ted Cruz
@tedcruz
Leftist misogyny:  Imagine, the year is 2015, and Don Lemon is saying the exact same thing about Hillary Clinton….

Dana Loesch
@DLoesch
This just helps Haley. Also, if I wanted judgment on a woman's prime the last human on earth I'd ask is Don Lemon.

Offline Kamaji

Wow.  Blatant old-school sexism.

Offline mountaineer

Greeneyed Snoopy 🇺🇸🦅
@LibramoonSnoopy

If Don wants to talk about women politicians not in their prime, in the House alone we have serving:

Nancy Pelosi 83
Maxine Waters 84
Rosa DeLauro 80
Anna Eshoo 80
Frederica Wilson 81
Grace Napolitano 87

Democrats all.

So of course, Don will never discuss their "primeness".
9:40 AM · Feb 16, 2023

Offline Kamaji

Greeneyed Snoopy 🇺🇸🦅
@LibramoonSnoopy

If Don wants to talk about women politicians not in their prime, in the House alone we have serving:

Nancy Pelosi 83
Maxine Waters 84
Rosa DeLauro 80
Anna Eshoo 80
Frederica Wilson 81
Grace Napolitano 87

Democrats all.

So of course, Don will never discuss their "primeness".
9:40 AM · Feb 16, 2023

:thumbsup:

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical

Yep. And nobody calls them on it, they get away with it. If a conservative had said it, fuhgeddaboutit. Plus it's bullshit.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

Daddy.....   Every time Don Lemon Opens His Mouth, a piece of his brain falls out and goes ping.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Kamaji

Yep. And nobody calls them on it, they get away with it. If a conservative had said it, fuhgeddaboutit. Plus it's bullshit.

:thumbsup:

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
What would a Queen like Lemon know about a woman's prime, hell what would he know about any woman of any age? All he has ever plumbed the depths of are other men.

Offline Hoodat

CNN’s Lemon: Nikki Haley ‘Not In Her Prime’ — A Woman’s Prime ‘in 20s, and 30s and Maybe 40s’

What in the heck does that even mean?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
What would a Queen like Lemon know about a woman's prime, hell what would he know about any woman of any age? All he has ever plumbed the depths of are other men.

That was the first thing that popped into my head as a response "how would you know?"

Anyway, that is the kind of comment for which a Republican likely would get canceled.  But Lemon will get a minor slap on the wrist, and that's all.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Can CNN move him to another time slot with an even lower share of viewers?
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Can CNN move him to another time slot with an even lower share of viewers?

I hope they move him into red eye infomerical territory.  Let him serve the QVC " we buy shitty chotchkees" demographic.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2023, 02:43:26 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher

Yeah, at least Gutfeld prefaces his quips....   "What a sexist might say"

Lemon Head Queen has gone sour on the babes.  But you got to admit, the rump ranger is right up there in the world of idiots who perform comedy unintentionally. 

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I hope they move him into red eye infomerical territory.  Let him serve the QVC " we buy shitty chotchkees" demographic.

He isn't even fit to hawk a "Sham Wow"  But I would enjoy that Infomercial!

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
He isn't even fit to hawk a "Sham Wow"  But I would enjoy that Infomercial!

He'd be the perfect pitch man, with all those recreational stains he deals with.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Don Lemon on planned break after saying Haley was 'past her prime'
by Max Thornberry, Breaking News Editor |
February 17, 2023 09:32 AM

Don Lemon didn’t appear on CNN This Morning on Friday, a day after he apologized for saying presidential candidate Nikki Haley was “past her prime.”

Kaitlan Collins, Lemon’s co-host, opened the show by announcing he “has the day off.” The host was replaced by Audie Cornish, who the hosts teased on Thursday would be on the show as a "special treat."

"Audie is going to be joining us tomorrow. Don's going to be off. Poppy is going to be on assignment anchoring from Salt Lake City," Collins said.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/campaigns/don-lemon-planned-break-saying-haley-past-prime
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Wingnut

He'd be the perfect pitch man, with all those recreational stains he deals with.
Yup!  :)
I hear they work well in removing brown stains.

Offline Kamaji

Offline mountaineer

How to win next year
Republicans need to fight today's battles, not yesteryear's
Don Surber
Feb. 17, 2023

Don Lemon was right when he said Nikki Haley is past prime. Oh, it is not her age. She is 5 years younger than the CNN presenter.

Her ideas are past prime. She remains a neocon who seeks to appease her tormentors in the press. She’s a politician who says more tax cuts will solve everything. (And the band played on.)

The world today is not what it was 8 years ago when Donald John Trump rode that golden escalator to the presidency.

While the invasion from Mexico and Red China remain existential threats to America, new threats loom. NATO is on a zombie walk to a nuclear war with Russia, which was once a bear but now is a bearskin rug but with nukes.  ... More

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
February 17, 2023 2:18pm EST
Don Lemon's 'pathetic' apology for sexist remark sparks even more fury inside CNN: ‘F------g a--hole’
'It did not go over well,' a CNN insider said of Lemon's mea culpa

By Brian Flood , Joseph A. Wulfsohn | Fox News

Don Lemon’s Friday morning apology to CNN colleagues was blasted as "pathetic" by a well-placed CNN insider who called the morning show host a "f------g a--hole."

Lemon attempted the mea culpa during the network's morning editorial call following comments he made Thursday that were widely condemned as sexist. He insisted he "did not mean to offend anyone" when he claimed Republican presidential candidate Nikki Haley was past her "prime" as a woman.

"Most pathetic attempt at an apology I have ever heard in my life," a CNN insider told Fox News Digital. "It did not go over well."

The insider added that Lemon is a "f------g a--hole" for claiming that he must not be sexist simply because he has women in his life and compared it to a White person trying to downplay racists comments by insisting they have Black friends.

Women inside have since reached out to women’s groups, hoping they will take a stand against Lemon and his history of misogynistic comments.

"The younger generation of women doesn’t tolerate this," the insider said.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/media/don-lemons-pathetic-apology-sexist-remark-sparks-even-more-fury-inside-cnn-f-ing-a-hole
Support the USO

Offline Kamaji

February 17, 2023 2:18pm EST
Don Lemon's 'pathetic' apology for sexist remark sparks even more fury inside CNN: ‘F------g a--hole’
'It did not go over well,' a CNN insider said of Lemon's mea culpa

By Brian Flood , Joseph A. Wulfsohn | Fox News

Don Lemon’s Friday morning apology to CNN colleagues was blasted as "pathetic" by a well-placed CNN insider who called the morning show host a "f------g a--hole."

Lemon attempted the mea culpa during the network's morning editorial call following comments he made Thursday that were widely condemned as sexist. He insisted he "did not mean to offend anyone" when he claimed Republican presidential candidate Nikki Haley was past her "prime" as a woman.

"Most pathetic attempt at an apology I have ever heard in my life," a CNN insider told Fox News Digital. "It did not go over well."

The insider added that Lemon is a "f------g a--hole" for claiming that he must not be sexist simply because he has women in his life and compared it to a White person trying to downplay racists comments by insisting they have Black friends.

Women inside have since reached out to women’s groups, hoping they will take a stand against Lemon and his history of misogynistic comments.

"The younger generation of women doesn’t tolerate this," the insider said.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/media/don-lemons-pathetic-apology-sexist-remark-sparks-even-more-fury-inside-cnn-f-ing-a-hole

Time for Lemon to be ousted.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 February 17, 2023 6:54pm EST
Don Lemon spotted at the beach after phoning in apology to CNN colleagues over sexist Nikki Haley comments
One CNN insider says Lemon's beach vacation shows he has 'no genuine remorse'
By Joseph A. Wulfsohn | Fox News

Embattled CNN host Don Lemon was spotted catching waves at the beach as he continues to catch flack from his own colleagues over his controversial comments.

Lemon and his partner Tim Malone were seen vacationing for an extended Presidents' Day weekend Friday in Miami Beach, Florida.

His fun in the sun was not long after he phoned in an apology to CNN staffers at the network's morning editorial call.

The host was even spotted talking on his cell phone while laying out under an umbrella. It's unclear whether he was speaking with CNN at the time.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/media/don-lemon-spotted-beach-phoning-apology-cnn-colleagues-sexist-nikki-haley-comments
Support the USO

Offline mountaineer