Author Topic: Bruce Willis Diagnosed with Frontotemporal Dementia, His Wife Emma Reveals: 'Condition Has Progresse  (Read 531 times)

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Bruce Willis has been diagnosed with frontotemporal dementia, his wife Emma Heming Willis revealed on Thursday.

Heming Willis, 44, shared a photo of her husband on Instagram, revealing that the actor's condition has worsened since the family first revealed his aphasia diagnosis last year.

"Our family wanted to start by expressing our deepest gratitude for the incredible outpouring of love, support and wonderful stories we have all received since sharing Bruce's original diagnosis," Emma wrote. "In the spirit of that, we wanted to give you an update about our beloved husband, father and friend since we now have a deeper understanding of what he is experiencing."

https://people.com/health/bruce-willis-frontotemporal-dementia-ftd-diagnosis/
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
He’s not that old -67.

Prayers for Mr Willis and his family
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline mountaineer

My sympathies. My father was younger than that when his Lewy body dementia symptoms first appeared. It's a difficult road.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Kamaji

My sympathies. My father was younger than that when his Lewy body dementia symptoms first appeared. It's a difficult road.

Lewy body dementia is awful.  My MiL developed lewy body dementia that became florid about 2 years before she passed away.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Prayers up for the whole family.

He is one of the few actors that when I see him in the credits, I will check the movie out.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline andy58-in-nh

Prayers on the way. I am so sorry for him and his family. My mother-in-law had the same syndrome, and it was awful.

I have always enjoyed Bruce's films, as he is a fine actor of great range and ability. As it happens, he and I look a lot alike, and I have been mistaken for him in public on more than one occasion.   
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline verga

He is a Conservative and I enjoyed most of his movies and shows.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Mod2

Moved to Entertainment