Author Topic: Military Services Competing Over the Same Recruiting Pool of Less Than 500,000  (Read 97 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Military Services Competing Over the Same Recruiting Pool of Less Than 500,000
By: Heather Mongilio
February 14, 2023 10:52 PM

SAN DIEGO – The Marine Corps and other service branches are competing to attract the same 412,000 eligible Americans between the ages of 17 to 24, a Marine recruiting commander said Tuesday.

There are approximately 32.8 million Americans, part of Gen Z, but when looking at those who qualify for and want military service, that number quickly dwindles to 412,000, said Brig. Gen. Jason Morris, commander of Marine Corps Recruit Depot San Diego, speaking at the West 2023 conference hosted by the U.S. Naval Institute and AFCEA.

There are a number of disqualifiers that account for bringing the number to 412,000, Morris said, including obesity, drug use and mental illness.

“We encourage people to get help, but once they get help, it’s in their records and we have to sort through that,” he said.

https://news.usni.org/2023/02/14/military-services-competing-over-the-same-recruiting-pool-of-less-than-500000
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DefiantMassRINO

////00000////

Have the drill sargeants taken sensitivity training to deal with the current generation of snowflakes?

« Last Edit: February 16, 2023, 04:11:23 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright