Author Topic: Confidence in U.S. Military Falls from 70% to 48% Since 2018  (Read 79 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Confidence in U.S. Military Falls from 70% to 48% Since 2018
« on: February 16, 2023, 03:46:29 pm »
Confidence in U.S. Military Falls from 70% to 48% Since 2018      Print
BY TIMOTHY H. LEE
THURSDAY, DECEMBER 08 2022

Although public trust has declined across multiple institutions in recent years, none of their declines match the decline of trust in the military, which has been especially pronounced.

Over recent decades, only three institutions – the military, small business and police – have consistently maintained “a great deal” or “quite a lot” of public confidence in levels exceeding 50%, according to annual surveys. 

Conspicuously, each of those three institutions is traditionally associated more closely with conservative principles. 

Naturally, the political left found that intolerable and set about working to cut them down to size. 

Years of demonizing our nation’s police forces have brought record spikes in violent crime, as well as perilous recruitment and retention crises. 

https://cfif.org/v/index.php/commentary/54-state-of-affairs/6144-confidence-in-us-military-falls-from-70-to-48-since-2018
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson