State Chapters > Illinois

Hordes of Homeless Swarming Chicago’s O’Hare Airport

(1/3) > >>

mountaineer:
I believe Tucker Carlson mentioned this last night. Unbelievable.
--- Quote ---Hordes of Homeless Swarming Chicago’s O’Hare Airport
By Eric Lendrum
February 16, 2023

In recent weeks, the O’Hare International Airport in Chicago has transformed into a third-world nightmare that some have outright described as “dystopian” due to the flood of homeless people moving onto the airport grounds.

As reported by Breitbart, homeless encampments have sprung up and have been growing in the airport’s terminal areas from where flights depart and arrive. As a a result, concerns have arisen regarding the safety of travelers who now must navigate the homeless population on their way to and from their flights.

Multiple concerned travelers have shared pictures of the damage online, including hallways lined with trash and other poor conditions as a result of the homeless encroachment. In response, airport authorities tweeted that they “appreciate the feedback” and would continue to prioritize the “safety and security” of travelers.

Employees at the airport have voiced their fears about the homeless possibly being violent due to mental health issues. However, attempts to call the police have yielded no results, as the Chicago Police Department (CPD) has told them that such vagrants can only be removed if they assault someone first. ...
--- End quote ---
American Greatness

How did they get to O'Hare with all their junk? I'm guessing the city gave them free train tickets from downtown to the airport. Any Chicagoan who votes for Lightfoot's reelection on Feb. 28 should be exiled to San Francisco.

Free Vulcan:

--- Quote from: mountaineer on February 16, 2023, 03:10:57 pm ---I believe Tucker Carlson mentioned this last night. Unbelievable.American Greatness

How did they get to O'Hare with all their junk? I'm guessing the city gave them free train tickets from downtown to the airport. Any Chicagoan who votes for Lightfoot's reelection on Feb. 28 should be exiled to San Francisco.

--- End quote ---

Bingo. O'Hare is out in the burbs, just west of Rosemont. Guarantee you are exactly right.

mountaineer:

--- Quote from: Free Vulcan on February 16, 2023, 03:15:24 pm ---Bingo. O'Hare is out in the burbs, just west of Rosemont. Guarantee you are exactly right.

--- End quote ---
Yeah, I've flown into ORD a time or two, and always took the train into town (with fear and trepidation). Unless they're giving out cab rides to the bums, I'm guessing they got free transport from CTA.

GtHawk:

--- Quote from: mountaineer on February 16, 2023, 03:31:31 pm ---Yeah, I've flown into ORD a time or two, and always took the train into town (with fear and trepidation). Unless they're giving out cab rides to the bums, I'm guessing they got free transport from CTA.

--- End quote ---
I was in Chicago once, forty years ago and even then for me there was only one redeeming feature, when we sat outside near the Playboy club and watched all the Bunnies going to and from with the wind blowing their skirts up happy77

Wingnut:
Flew out and into  of ORD 3 weeks out of the month for years.  Even back then it was a FUBAR exercise to catch a flight. Between traffic, parking, all the Hare Krishna's and other panhandlers in and outside the port you needed a shower to wash the stink off if you made it to the gate on-time.  I can't imagine having to step over bums and the excrement to catch a flight today.  I believe ORD is property of the City of Chicago so this is all on Mayor Bettleguice.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version