Author Topic: Hordes of Homeless Swarming Chicago’s O’Hare Airport  (Read 1158 times)

Online mountaineer

Hordes of Homeless Swarming Chicago’s O’Hare Airport
« on: February 16, 2023, 03:10:57 pm »
I believe Tucker Carlson mentioned this last night. Unbelievable.
Hordes of Homeless Swarming Chicago’s O’Hare Airport
By Eric Lendrum
February 16, 2023

In recent weeks, the O’Hare International Airport in Chicago has transformed into a third-world nightmare that some have outright described as “dystopian” due to the flood of homeless people moving onto the airport grounds.

As reported by Breitbart, homeless encampments have sprung up and have been growing in the airport’s terminal areas from where flights depart and arrive. As a a result, concerns have arisen regarding the safety of travelers who now must navigate the homeless population on their way to and from their flights.

Multiple concerned travelers have shared pictures of the damage online, including hallways lined with trash and other poor conditions as a result of the homeless encroachment. In response, airport authorities tweeted that they “appreciate the feedback” and would continue to prioritize the “safety and security” of travelers.

Employees at the airport have voiced their fears about the homeless possibly being violent due to mental health issues. However, attempts to call the police have yielded no results, as the Chicago Police Department (CPD) has told them that such vagrants can only be removed if they assault someone first. ...
American Greatness

How did they get to O'Hare with all their junk? I'm guessing the city gave them free train tickets from downtown to the airport. Any Chicagoan who votes for Lightfoot's reelection on Feb. 28 should be exiled to San Francisco.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Re: Hordes of Homeless Swarming Chicago’s O’Hare Airport
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2023, 03:15:24 pm »
I believe Tucker Carlson mentioned this last night. Unbelievable.American Greatness

How did they get to O'Hare with all their junk? I'm guessing the city gave them free train tickets from downtown to the airport. Any Chicagoan who votes for Lightfoot's reelection on Feb. 28 should be exiled to San Francisco.

Bingo. O'Hare is out in the burbs, just west of Rosemont. Guarantee you are exactly right.
The Republic is lost.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2023, 03:31:31 pm »
Bingo. O'Hare is out in the burbs, just west of Rosemont. Guarantee you are exactly right.
Yeah, I've flown into ORD a time or two, and always took the train into town (with fear and trepidation). Unless they're giving out cab rides to the bums, I'm guessing they got free transport from CTA.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2023, 05:02:38 pm »
Yeah, I've flown into ORD a time or two, and always took the train into town (with fear and trepidation). Unless they're giving out cab rides to the bums, I'm guessing they got free transport from CTA.
I was in Chicago once, forty years ago and even then for me there was only one redeeming feature, when we sat outside near the Playboy club and watched all the Bunnies going to and from with the wind blowing their skirts up happy77

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2023, 05:46:43 pm »
Flew out and into  of ORD 3 weeks out of the month for years.  Even back then it was a FUBAR exercise to catch a flight. Between traffic, parking, all the Hare Krishna's and other panhandlers in and outside the port you needed a shower to wash the stink off if you made it to the gate on-time.  I can't imagine having to step over bums and the excrement to catch a flight today.  I believe ORD is property of the City of Chicago so this is all on Mayor Bettleguice.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2023, 12:32:22 am »
mountaineer cries out from the peak:
"Any Chicagoan who votes for Lightfoot's reelection on Feb. 28 should be exiled to San Francisco."

She'll probably be re-elected easily, by a wide margin.
Maybe a landslide.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2023, 05:17:20 am »
"Any Chicagoan who votes for Lightfoot's reelection on Feb. 28 should be exiled to San Francisco."

Maybe a landslide.
It's a sure bet ol' beetlejuice will get the dead vote... :shrug:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline LMAO

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2023, 08:25:04 pm »

Maybe a landslide.

@Fishrrman

The Curley effect
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2023, 08:49:20 pm »

Maybe a landslide.

Tell them the election is Feb 30th.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2023, 11:47:42 pm »
A correction to my previous post about Lightfoot's "majority"...

Seems there are a slew of candidates running for mayor in Chicago. Lightfoot is actually trailing one of them, with about 20% of the voters still undecided.

Also looks like voting in Chicago will be split up along ethnic constituencies...

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2023, 01:13:37 am »
A correction to my previous post about Lightfoot's "majority"...

Seems there are a slew of candidates running for mayor in Chicago. Lightfoot is actually trailing one of them, with about 20% of the voters still undecided.

Also looks like voting in Chicago will be split up along ethnic constituencies...

@Fishrrman

WOW! Hooda thunk dat wood eber happin?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!