Author Topic: Georgia State Senator Calls Clarence Thomas ‘Uncle Tom’ During Statue Vote  (Read 363 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Georgia State Senator Calls Clarence Thomas ‘Uncle Tom’ During Statue Vote

Paul Bois 15 Feb 2023

A Georgia State Senator referred to Justice Clarence Thomas, the second black man to serve on the United States Supreme Court, by the racial slur “Uncle Tom” this week, presumably over his conservative leanings.

The racist comment occurred on Tuesday as the Georgia State Senate voted 32-20 along party lines to create a statue on Capitol grounds dedicated to Justice Clarence Thomas, a native of the Peach State. In the leadup to the vote, Sen. Emmanuel Jones (D) likened Thomas to a slave that “sold his soul to the slave master.”

“There’s a whole laundry list of positions that Justice Thomas has taken that I find offensive,” Jones said, adding:

In the black community, we have an expression, and I don’t want to use this label too deeply here because I’m just trying to tell you what we have in African American communities when we talk about a person of color that goes back historically to days of slavery and that person betraying his own community. We have a term in the black community. That term that we use is called ‘Uncle Tom.’

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/02/15/georgia-state-senator-calls-clarence-thomas-uncle-tom-during-statue-vote/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Says the bootlicker for the white woke bicoastal left.
The Republic is lost.