Author Topic: Arizona nitric acid leak: Shelter-in-place order reinstated after Tucson interstate crash  (Read 1323 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 February 15, 2023 8:48am EST
Arizona nitric acid leak: Shelter-in-place order reinstated after Tucson interstate crash
Arizona Department of Public Safety warns residents to avoid crash area, turn off heaters and air conditioning

By Julia Musto | Fox News

Arizona authorities announced Wednesday morning that a Tuesday afternoon shelter-in-place order following a deadly rollover that resulted in a hazmat spill has been reinstated.

"Unified Command has reinstated the shelter in place order for a one-mile perimeter around the incident. While crews were attempting to remove the load from the commercial vehicle, gassing occurred. I-10 remains closed in both directions between Kolb & Rita roads in Tucson," the Arizona Department of Public Safety tweeted.

Residents were advised to avoid the area and seek alternate routes of travel, and the department said that Unified Command anticipates an "extensive closure."

Anyone within a one-mile perimeter of the incident was instructed to turn off heaters as well as air conditioning systems that bring in outside air.

This image provided by the Arizona Department of Public Safety shows what the department says was an accident involving a commercial tanker truck that caused a hazardous material to leak onto Interstate 10 outside Tucson, Arizona, on Tuesday, Feb. 14, 2023, prompting state troopers to shut down traffic on the freeway.  (Arizona Department of Public Safety via AP)

more
https://www.foxnews.com/us/arizona-nitric-acid-leak-shelter-place-order-reinstated-tucson-interstate-crash
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
This is beginning to look like a trend, at least in reporting.

If these materials aren't transported, industry stops.

There is more to these wrecks than just infrastructure.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Millee

Curious how the article doesn't mention how the accident occurred.

Offline Smokin Joe

Curious how the article doesn't mention how the accident occurred.
It just says a rollover, and that while they were attempting to remove the cargo (presumably to another truck) "gassing occurred" (which means something leaked).

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Offline Smokin Joe

That doesn't look like fire; that looks like outgassing of a red gas.
Nitirc acid fumes.

C S Lewis

Offline DB

Nitric acid does burn with red plumes of smoke. Done it...

Offline Kamaji

Nitirc acid fumes.

Fumes from the acid itself being on fire, or from the acid sublimating into a vapor?

Offline Smokin Joe

Fumes from the acid itself being on fire, or from the acid sublimating into a vapor?
Just vapor.

C S Lewis

Offline Kamaji

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
Fuming nitric acid gives off a red gas.

« Last Edit: February 16, 2023, 03:29:30 am by HikerGuy83 »

Offline corbe

Whoever had Aliens and a chemical attack from within the US in February, call your bookie.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.