Author Topic: A Huge Lithium Discovery Just Changed The Stakes In EV Production  (Read 167 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
A Huge Lithium Discovery Just Changed The Stakes In EV Production
Story by Nadeem Sarwar • Yesterday 7:24 PM

Lithium is one of the most sought-after commodities on Earth right now thanks to its fundamental role in making batteries that power everything from smartphones and laptops to electric vehicles. Such is the race for lithium that it has become a topic of geopolitical tussle between countries that have natural reserves and their diplomatic allies. As of 2023, the majority of the world's lithium mining is concentrated in China, Australia, and Chile. However, a fresh geological discovery could very well change the game.

The Geological Survey of India has announced the discovery of "5.9 million tonnes inferred resources of lithium" in the Salal-Haimana region of India's northern union territory Jammu & Kashmir. Chile currently holds the largest lithium reserves in the world at around 9.2 million tonnes, followed by Australia, Argentina, and China. The recent discovery propels India straight to the second spot in terms of lithium reserves across the globe. India currently imports most of its lithium from China, which happens to be one of the biggest lithium-processing hotspots in the world courtesy of a massive electronics manufacturing industry and a cut-throat EV market.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/news/a-huge-lithium-discovery-just-changed-the-stakes-in-ev-production/ar-AA17uGHs?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=4effb1708aca4ed3a5491bad50d47b4c
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson