Author Topic: Rod Dreher: East Palestine Pete & The DEI Chernobyl  (Read 202 times)

Offline Kamaji

Rod Dreher: East Palestine Pete & The DEI Chernobyl
« on: February 15, 2023, 07:26:45 pm »
East Palestine Pete & The DEI Chernobyl

While nation's railway system declines, Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg worries about the REAL threat: white construction workers taking POC jobs

Rod Dreher
Feb 15, 2023

The train derailment in Ohio -- called "America's Chernobyl" by some -- is apparently even worse than we thought:

The train, which derailed along the Ohio-Pennsylvania border Feb. 3, was carrying a broader array of toxic chemicals than was first publicly detailed, the Environmental Protection Agency has disclosed, though the agency has said it is not detecting any hazardous levels of toxins in the area.

The disclosure has further elevated concern among residents of East Palestine, many of whom are still seeking answers about the amount of potential exposure to toxic fumes — both immediately after the crash and now — and whether it is safe for evacuated residents to return to their homes. Even some who weren’t ordered to evacuate are wondering whether they should consider leaving the area.

“We should have been evacuated. It stunk for 48 hours,” said Jackie Moore, 34, of Darlington, Pa., roughly eight miles away. From her home, the flames smelled like nail polish, she said.

The odor is still present in East Palestine, and it’s unnerving residents. After more than a week of questions about what the train was carrying, the EPA on Sunday published a list from Norfolk Southern that confirmed which chemicals had spilled and showed which rail cars had been breached. There were 20 train cars carrying hazardous materials, 10 of which derailed, the National Transportation Safety Board reported Tuesday.

It is unclear whether chemicals continue to be released from the site of the derailment. In addition to still smelling odors, nearby residents have experienced headaches, burning eyes and other symptoms.

Is this a matter of railway corporations cutting costs and overburdening workers? This pro-union guy thinks so. I would very much like to know.

I saw that our Transportation Department head, Pete Buttigieg, had a public event last week at which some expected him to address this catastrophe. Instead, he dwelled on the real threat to America: white construction workers taking POC jobs:

"We have heard way too many stories from generations past of infrastructure where you got a neighborhood, often a neighborhood of color, that finally sees the project come to them, but everyone in the hard hats on that project, doing the good paying jobs, don't look like they came from anywhere near the neighborhood," Buttigieg said.

You know, I would not be surprised if there were non-white people whose families were in danger of breathing in toxic chemicals around that derailment.

Look, there's zero reason to blame the train derailment on the Transportation Department being focused on DEI goals. But the Secretary, faced with this utter transportation catastrophe putting real lives at risk, choosing instead to lean into the usual DEI rhetoric, symbolizes what the true priorities of bureaucrats in the Age of Wokeness are. I hope one day we can have a government, and a leadership class in this country, that cares about competence more than it does about how many Sacred Minorities can dance on the thread of a chest binder. Where do people who think like Buttigieg come from? Our universities and professional schools, who are destroying the basis for skills and knowledge for the sake of Woke Lysenkoism. For example:

Source:  https://www.theamericanconservative.com/east-palestine-pete-the-dei-chernobyl/

Online catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Rod Dreher: East Palestine Pete & The DEI Chernobyl
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2023, 08:06:47 pm »
The thing is, we are basically seeing infrastructural collapse before our eyes. 

This is just one piece of the overall puzzle.  Expect worse ...  much worse in the decades to come.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: Rod Dreher: East Palestine Pete & The DEI Chernobyl
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2023, 10:16:30 pm »
The thing is, we are basically seeing infrastructural collapse before our eyes. 

This is just one piece of the overall puzzle.  Expect worse ...  much worse in the decades to come.
But, but Obamarammadingdong, Brandon and The Mad Queen of Hearts shoveled all those shovel ready jobs down our throats which were all about fixing our infrastructure issues but the money only lined democrat pockets. It's cool though, they have Trump to blame for theircorruption.