Author Topic: Panic at the Grocery Store: Egg Prices Up 70%, Cereals Up 15.6%, Coffee Up 12.6%  (Read 738 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Panic at the Grocery Store: Egg Prices Up 70%, Cereals Up 15.6%, Coffee Up 12.6%

Wendell Husebø 14 Feb 2023

Despite President Joe Biden’s claims that inflation is going down, American households did not get any relief in the grocery store aisles.

The price of food at home jumped 0.5 percent compared with the previous month. Over the past 12 months, grocery prices have gone up 10.1 percent.

Some of the biggest increases in food include:

Eggs up 8.5 percent from December and 70.1 percent compared with a year ago.

Dairy up 0.2 percent from December and 14.0 percent compared with a year ago.

Cereals up 1.2 percent from December and 15.6 percent compared with a year ago.

Cookies up 1.7 percent from December and 16.3 percent compared with a year ago.

Poultry up 0.7 percent from December and 8.1 percent compared with a year ago.

Frozen Fruits and Veggies up 0.6 percent from December and 12.8 percent compared with a year ago.

Coffee up 1.7 percent from December and 12.6 percent compared with a year ago.

Margarine up 1.2 percent from December and 44.7 percent compared with a year ago.

Condiments up 2.0 percent from December and 11.7 percent compared with a year ago.

Sauces up 1.9 percent from January and 14.3 percent compared with a year ago.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/economy/2023/02/14/panic-grocery-store-egg-prices-up-70-cereals-up-15-6-coffee-up-12-6/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
Panic at the Grocery Store: Egg Prices Up 70%, Cereals Up 15.6%, Coffee Up 12.6%

Even more panic worthy should be the fact that our shelves are becoming increasingly empty, thanks to Biden and his. minions of idiots.

Next time you go to the market, notice how product is placed to give the impression the shelves are stocked. It's happening more and more, and actually more drastically with some product groups.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline berdie

Even more panic worthy should be the fact that our shelves are becoming increasingly empty, thanks to Biden and his. minions of idiots.

Next time you go to the market, notice how product is placed to give the impression the shelves are stocked. It's happening more and more, and actually more drastically with some product groups.

I've noticed it. The top shelves have one line of product with the bottom shelves being crowded. The produce section is more "compact".

Offline LMAO

Yes, but we should all be glad we have the first woman of color as VP, the first gay transportation secretary, the first transgender assistant health secretary, the first true idiot as Secretary of Energy...

That all trumps eating and heating your homes
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online mountaineer

Eggs up 70.1% in the past year? Seems closer to 200%.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Bought a dozen extra large today for $2.69
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Polly Ticks

Wow. I wish I could find them for that price.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Was at Trader Joe’s the other day, bought staples.

Coffee is the same price it’s been for a while
Eggs were down in pride. 12 regular eggs 2.99 down about 50 cents
Milk the  same.

Bread was up by about ten cents.

Chicken is up 2 dollars a chicken 

12 roses for my mom were $14.75.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline roamer_1

What's crazy is when you don't enter a grocery store for a quarter-year or so... And then buy pretty much the same things you always do when you go.

That JUST happened for me, just now. Now, I didn't get everything yet. Some things out of stock, and I will pick em up over to the Costco when I go get the rest there, But Smith's/Kroger is on the books... What should have been 300 bucks was dang near 4.

Eggs (for boiling)...  4 bucks a dozen for crappy ol regular store bought eggs. Not 'organic', or any of that bullcrap... Just regular Lucerne AA eggs... My head still has them at around 2 bucks a dozen. That's the last of them I get. I'll steam fresh eggs for that kind of money. That's super-crazy money when you raise your own. I just went by the ranch and got 4 dozen for nothing on my way back. It is DEFINITELY cheaper to raise em now.

Offline Idiot

Eggs here are $6.02 a dozen.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Coffee up 1.7 percent from December and 12.6 percent compared with a year ago.

Yeah,raising the price on coffee and making it harder for caffeine junkies to get their daily fix sounds like an EXCELLENT idea.

Providing of course you goal is to be hanged from streetlamps.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!