Author Topic: One border sector sees over 800% rise in Border Patrol encounters – in Vermont!  (Read 186 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
One border sector sees over 800% rise in Border Patrol encounters – in Vermont!
Story by Matthew Medsger, Boston Herald • Yesterday 6:45 PM

In the face of dangerously cold weather conditions, parts of the northern U.S. border are still experiencing a remarkable rise in the number of illegal crossings, according to Customs and Border Patrol officials.

“Despite area temperatures reaching -4 degrees Fahrenheit (-20 Celsius), January’s total surpassed the preceding January apprehensions for the past 12 years combined,” the agency said in a Monday release.

According to agents responsible for the Swanton sector of the border, which covers northern Vermont and parts of New York, they encountered 367 migrants entering from Canada in January alone.

Since the start of the fiscal year, in October, agents have seen encounters or apprehensions rise at a rate of nearly 850%, they said. Some of those encountered are parents traveling through the cold with small children.

“Despite sub-freezing temperatures, Swanton Sector continues encountering family groups with young children, including infants, illegally crossing from Canada into the U.S.,” Customs and Border Patrol said.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/one-border-sector-sees-over-800-rise-in-border-patrol-encounters-in-vermont/ar-AA17rLuH
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Well, for example, if you start with 3 and go to 24, that's an 800% increase.

Always report the percentages when the numbers aren't impressive.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis