Author Topic: Nikki Haley announces 2024 presidential campaign  (Read 1439 times)

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Nikki Haley announces 2024 presidential campaign
« on: February 14, 2023, 12:54:48 pm »
Former South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley on Tuesday announced her 2024 presidential campaign, making her former President Donald Trump's first opponent for the Republican nomination.

Haley served as ambassador to the United Nations for two years in the Trump administration. She is expected to deliver her in-person announcement speech Wednesday in Charleston, South Carolina.

“It’s time for a new generation of leadership — to rediscover fiscal responsibility, secure our border, and strengthen our country, our pride and our purpose.” Haley said in a video announcing her campaign.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2024-election/nikki-haley-announces-2024-presidential-campaign-rcna70541
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Re: Nikki Haley announces 2024 presidential campaign
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2023, 12:54:56 pm »
Breaking
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2023, 01:30:45 pm »
In January, Trump said Haley called him to discuss the possibility of her running against him.

"Go by your heart if you want to run," Trump said he told Haley. And he said he told her she "should do it."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/nikki-haley-announces-presidential-campaign-time-new-generation-leadership.

Obvious "divide and conquer" strategy on Trump's part.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2023, 06:22:12 pm »
 February 14, 2023 12:55pm EST
Trump camp reacts to Nikki Haley becoming first official opponent: 'Just another career politician'
Nikki Haley is first Republican to enter race after former President Donald Trump announced campaign last year
By Timothy H.J. Nerozzi | Fox News

The top pro-Trump super PAC acknowledged Tuesday former ambassador Nikki Haley's presidential campaign announcement, dismissing her as a "career politician."

Haley, who served as the US Ambassador to the United Nations, announced Tuesday that she was seeking the Republican nomination for the 2024 presidential election.

MAGA Inc. executive and former Trump spokesman Taylor Budowich released a statement on behalf of the super PAC mocking Haley and her presidential bid.

"Nikki Haley is just another career politician," Budowich said. "She started out as a Never Trumper before resigning to serve in the Trump admin. She then resigned early to go rake in money on corporate boards," Budowich wrote.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-camp-reacts-nikki-haley-becoming-first-official-opponent-just-another-career-politician
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2023, 06:36:47 pm »
Self-Annointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2023, 07:05:37 pm »
Haley is not a career politician, although she was competent as a politician and as the first UN Ambassador selected by Trump.  Is she the strongest candidate for 2024?  Probably not. 

But rest assured, if she gets over 5%, we can expect Donald to opine about her eligibility (i.e. she ain't white) as well as her supposed affair with a blogger in SC.  If Donnie is not on the DNC payroll, he definitely should be. 

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2023, 07:28:20 pm »
Positioning herself to be a running mate.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2023, 08:08:35 pm »
Nikki Haley Officially Launches Campaign For Someone To Pick Her As Vice President
Politics · Feb 14, 2023 · BabylonBee.com

CHARLESTON, SC — Former Governor and Ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Hayley announced Tuesday that she has launched her campaign for someone to select her as a running mate in their future presidential bid.

"It is my lifelong dream to be Vice President and I will be happy to serve whoever asks me to be their running mate," Hayley said in her announcement video. "Trump or DeSantis. Whatever. I'm not picky."

Trump is reportedly confident that Nikki Hayley is just what his ticket needs to defeat Biden and reclaim the presidency. "You gotta' fight fire with fire," Trump said. "Kamala's a woman, so I need a woman to throw at her. Nikki's the best, believe me. I've checked."

Gov Ron DeSantis has not officially announced his candidacy for the presidency, but experts believe it's only a matter of time before he attempts to challenge Trump for the presidential throne. However, he would not comment on whether or not he would ask Nikki Hayley to be his running mate.

At publishing time, Sarah Palin had also announced a new campaign for someone to pick her for anything, anything at all.

https://babylonbee.com/news/nikki-haley-officially-launches-campaign-for-someone-to-pick-her-as-vice-president
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online corbe

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2023, 08:17:58 pm »
   I don't have a dog in this hunt as I like neither of them.  Trump will bleed more Women voters if he goes after her like he does all other competition making him UNelectable.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2023, 08:36:53 pm »
It's kind of funny that Trump didn't discourage her from running, then attacked her as soon as she did.  He's very clearly just trying to dilute the anti-Trump vote in the primaries, so the more, the merrier!  The only one he really wants to discourage from running is DeSantis, because that's the guy he thinks would be the toughest to beat. 

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2023, 08:49:36 pm »
It's kind of funny that Trump didn't discourage her from running, then attacked her as soon as she did.  He's very clearly just trying to dilute the anti-Trump vote in the primaries, so the more, the merrier!  The only one he really wants to discourage from running is DeSantis, because that's the guy he thinks would be the toughest to beat.

Exact tactic he used in '16 with Cruz. Saved the insults and vitriol until the  last, and resulted with us conservatives being at each other's throats.   I hope we avoid a repeat.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2023, 08:51:40 pm »

Any ticket with Haley on it, will force me to vote 3rd party.  I will not vote for her under any condition.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2023, 09:02:17 pm »
"Nikki Haley’s 2024 announcement video is what I imagine SNL would make as a satire video to mock Republicans" (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/DC_Draino/status/1625529573667471362

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2023, 09:05:54 pm »
   I don't have a dog in this hunt as I like neither of them.  Trump will bleed more Women voters if he goes after her like he does all other competition making him UNelectable.

I do.  This woman was drastically woke, before woke even became fashionable.

Sad thing about it.....   She's a "so called" republican.

« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2023, 09:07:53 pm »
"This ad is a great example of why calling yourself a “conservative” in 2023 is an embarrassment. If this is modern-day conservatism I’m out". (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/RealDSchmidt/status/1625536365508149251

« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2023, 09:13:10 pm »
Jack Posobiec
@JackPosobiec

Nikki Haley is George W Bush in heels

3:32 PM · Feb 14, 2023

« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2023, 09:14:37 pm »

Haley's the next CNN contributor.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2023, 11:03:09 pm »
Politico seems outraged.
POLITICO
@politico
In 2001, for example, Nikki Haley reportedly listed her race as “white” on her voter registration card, and never publicly explained why.
She's also shown a willingness to embrace some of the dog whistles deployed by the current Republican Party.
Nikki Haley’s complicated racial dance
4:41 PM · Feb 14, 2023
But, for what it's worth, Karmella Harris' mother, a Tamil Indian, self-identified as Caucasian on her daughter's birth certificate.

Zaid Jilani
@ZaidJilani
For West Asians, people from either subcontinent or further West into Middle East these Census categories have always been evolving. Many used to identify as white/Caucasian because that was trend. More recently, less identification with those categories. It's social not personal.

American racial categories have always been a bit of a mess, they don't match well with evolving notions of ethnicity and culture. It's not a 4Dimensional political plot by Haley, it's just the way Indians have self-ID'ed over time has changed.

Also it is weird to suggest Haley tried to pass as non-Indian, if you go back to both national and SC press in the 00s it was constantly mentioned that she was of Indian heritage, there was no hiding it. Some political opponents tried to use it against her.

The national press misses the dynamics in the South. Both parties elect people from ethnic minorities regularly, it's not a particularly big barrier these days. The bigger barrier is probably religion although we are seeing more religious minorities elected.

It's a more interesting question to ask whether Haley would've faced more barriers as a Sikh rather than a Christian convert but it's also not the obsession of national media.  ...

Twitter thread
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2023, 11:46:42 pm »
No, no, Nikki -- NO!

« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2023, 02:08:07 pm »
Nikki Haley
@NikkiHaley

Great policy discussion on the future of our country with @CondoleezzaRice, @JohnBrennan, and Gen. Martin Dempsey, at the NBA All Stars 
@NBAAllStar Newsmakers Breakfast. Thank you Commissioner Adam Silver for all of the good work the @NBAcontinues to do! 🏀🇺🇸

1:34 PM · Feb 17, 2019

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2023, 03:10:11 pm »
Nikki Haley
@NikkiHaley

Great policy discussion on the future of our country with @CondoleezzaRice, @JohnBrennan, and Gen. Martin Dempsey, at the NBA All Stars 
@NBAAllStar Newsmakers Breakfast. Thank you Commissioner Adam Silver for all of the good work the @NBAcontinues to do! 🏀🇺🇸

1:34 PM · Feb 17, 2019

:facepalm:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2023, 03:49:04 pm »
:facepalm:

Yep, if there was even one conservative left who doubted Niki, the bitch's woke credentials.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2023, 02:54:43 am »
Just does not matter who the Republican candidate is in 2024.  The Dems will once again fix the election, and not so much as a ripple from the Republicans in rebuttal.  The republic is dead, and until people are ready to take it back by force, this republic we were once a part of just does not exist.  We are marginally one step away from true totalitarian rule.  Just one step.

:yowsa: :yowsa: :yowsa:

Online mountaineer

« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2023, 02:04:33 pm »
Jack Posobiec 🇺🇸
@JackPosobiec
Nikki Haley spent Day Two of her campaign calling for more American dollars sent to Ukraine
She hasn’t said a word about Ohio
9:59 PM · Feb 16, 2023

Joe Kent for WA-3
@joekent16jan19
Haley’s value is reminding us what the Republican Party was before Trump & why can never go back.
11:28 PM · Feb 16, 2023
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2023, 01:40:05 am »