Author Topic: Shooter kills three, wounds five in rampage at Michigan State University  (Read 721 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Shooter kills three, wounds five in rampage at Michigan State University
Story by Anthony Sylvester & TJ Blystone | News Channel 3 • 3h ago

About four hours since the first shots were fired Monday, the suspect accused shooting eight people at Michigan State University's East Lansing killed himself miles away from campus, according to Michigan State University Police and Public Safety.

The shooter killed two people at Berkey Hall, an academic building, and one person at the MSU Union, a gathering place for students, police said.

"Anything can happen in the blink of an eye, and I would have never thought that this is something that would happen to me," said Georgia Gurzick, MSU freshman. "All of a sudden, it was at my university."

Five other shooting victims were hospitalized and some of them have life-threatening injuries, according to Chris Rozman, MSU Police and Public Safety interim deputy chief.

The first shots fired call happened Monday around 8:15 p.m. near Berkey Hall, Rozman said.

A text warning was also sent out around 8:30 p.m. through the Michigan State University Alert System.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/shooter-kills-three-wounds-five-in-rampage-at-michigan-state-university/ar-AA17rYy2?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=95beed4b4d4848e0baf47b4d54c019b8
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji

Re: Shooter kills three, wounds five in rampage at Michigan State University
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2023, 01:51:43 pm »
The shooter has been identified as Anthony Dwayne McRae:

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/02/14/anthony-dwayne-mcrae-idd-as-michigan-state-university-shooter/

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2023, 04:23:50 pm »
Nothing to see here.

For some reason, a school district in New Jersey has closed schools because the MSU shooter made a threat. Considering he was dead in Michigan, I must say I'm confused.

MSU shooter convicted FELON Anthony McRae’s background very very VERY inconvenient for gun-grabbers:
Color us shocked. The Michigan State University shooter, 43-year-old Anthony McRae, has a history of weapons … and not in a good way. Seems he has been arrested in the past for breaking gun laws.

And, if those precious gun laws actually worked, McRae would never have been able to get a gun in the first place.

Yet here we are, another horrific shooting and the Left is still screeching about the damn GUN. ...
More at Twitchy. This just in: criminals disobey laws.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2023, 04:28:01 pm »
Democrat Michigan legislator profanely responds to the MSU shooting:
Rep. Ranjeev Puri
@RanjeevPuri
Today, we begin to collectively heal from the horrific events which transpired, tomorrow we work.

My official statement regarding the Michigan State University shooting is below:

F*** your thoughts and prayers.

12:38 AM · Feb 14, 2023

The Watchdog
@TheWatchdogDBQ
Has our discourse been so coarsened that no one seems to have a problem with the F-word containing first sentence of this press release? Tragic events are no excuse for base obscenity by public officials. When such things occur, people need to act like adults, not juveniles
8:50 AM · Feb 14, 2023

Amen.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2023, 04:39:40 pm »
Democrat Michigan legislator profanely responds to the MSU shooting:The Watchdog
@TheWatchdogDBQ
Has our discourse been so coarsened that no one seems to have a problem with the F-word containing first sentence of this press release? Tragic events are no excuse for base obscenity by public officials. When such things occur, people need to act like adults, not juveniles
8:50 AM · Feb 14, 2023

Amen.

What a PoS.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2023, 04:44:10 pm »
My first question is didn't the shooter know it was a gun free zone? My second question is what were the races of the victims? Seeing as how much racial division has been fomented by liberals, especially now during the oh so 'special' Black history month where children and others are being told that Blacks built America(yeah the Irish Chinese and every other race nationality had no part), I have to wonder if that played a role.

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2023, 11:02:47 am »
Michigan Department of Corrections: MSU shooter was a former probationer
Story by Mike Krafcik and Katie Sergent | News Channel 3 • Yesterday 3:49 PM

Michigan Department of Corrections: MSU shooter was a former probationer

Three Michigan State University students were killed, and five others remain in critical condition following an on-campus shooting Monday night.

Anthony McRae, 43, was identified as the suspected shooter by authorities during a press conference Tuesday morning.

He died by a self-inflicted gunshot wound Monday.

McRae named: MSU law enforcement release name of shooter, confirm victims were students

Anthony McRae was a former probationer, and had never served time in prison, according to Michigan Department of Corrections.

An officer spotted Anthony McRae near an abandoned building on East Street around 1:30 a.m. in June

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/michigan-department-of-corrections-msu-shooter-was-a-former-probationer/ar-AA17tnh7?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=4effb1708aca4ed3a5491bad50d47b4c
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2023, 11:05:39 pm »
As far as mass shootings, the overwhelming majority occur in big cities in mostly black areas.
If the black shooting/homicide rate is taken out, the violence rate is not much different than countries where it is well nigh impossible for the average citizen to get a legal firearm to protect themselves.

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2023, 03:21:26 pm »
MSU Shooter Revealed as Liberal Democrat
February 18, 2023 8:47 AM by Ben Wetmore

On Tuesday evening Anthony D. McRae, 43, walked around Michigan State and using a 9mm handgun, shot and killed three college students and seriously wounded five more. McRae killed himself later that evening when confronted by police in Lansing while walking home. McRae left a note in his pocket that detailed some sort of manifesto and a list of other targets, whose common traits are not self-evident.

Authorities now regularly delete social media profiles and suppress information about shooter motives so that they can always control the narrative on shooter motives. McRae’s social media is a confusing mix of posts about exorcisms even it was reported he was not personally religious.

Even though Michigan does not have formal party registration, different data vendors track information about every registered voter in order to determine which messages and issues to market to those individual registered voters. The Gateway Pundit asked for the details on the McRae family from one such data vendor and received the following information. The data vendor asked to remain anonymous because of fears of lost business and retribution if they were identified.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2023/02/msu-shooter-revealed-as-liberal-democrat/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=msu-shooter-revealed-as-liberal-democrat
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2023, 03:22:22 pm »
This should be enough to end the media coverage and calls for gun control over it. :yowsa:
Thomas Jefferson

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2023, 07:59:32 pm »
This should be enough to end the media coverage and calls for gun control over it. :yowsa:
I got into a lively discussion on another talk forum today with a lib who, naturally, blames all the gun violence on the NRA.
I asked him how many people in the black community are NRA members. He tried to dodge that one by claiming the NRA’s influence is such that it causes people across the country to shoot others.
Of course, like most libs he wants to see a total ban on guns, but was too chicken to admit it.

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2023, 01:49:24 pm »
February 18, 2023
Michigan shooter’s prior felony gun charge was dismissed by far-left prosecutor
By Rajan Laad

Three days back a gunman killed three and seriously wounded five others after opening fire on the East Lansing campus at Michigan State University.

How did the Democrats react?

A member of the state House, Ranjeev Puri even began with profanity to express condolences to the relatives of the victims.

Puri knew that his swear word-laced message would receive attention and elevate his profile. Puri made the tragic situation about himself instead of the victims, and perhaps exploited the tragedy to raise campaign cash.

Puri pledged to work tirelessly toward “common sense gun reform” in the U.S.

Gretchen Whitmer called mass shootings “a uniquely American problem.”

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2023/02/michigan_shooters_prior_felony_gun_charge_was_dismissed_by_farleft_prosecutor.html
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2023, 01:50:23 pm »
Its Trumps fault, anyway.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2023, 03:13:21 pm »
Its Trumps fault, anyway.

@rangerrebew

Ask a Dim or a RINO,and they will tell you that EVERYTHING is Trump's fault.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!