Author Topic: Report: Air Force F-16 That Shot Down Object Over Lake Huron Missed on Its First Attempt – First Mis  (Read 543 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Report: Air Force F-16 That Shot Down Object Over Lake Huron Missed on Its First Attempt – First Missile Still Hasn’t Been Located
By Cristina Laila
Published February 13, 2023 at 6:27pm

According to US officials, the Air Force F-16 that shot down an object over Lake Huron on Sunday missed its first attempt.

“A second Sidewinder air-to-air missile was needed.” Fox News reported.

It is unclear where the first missile landed.

Fox News reported: US Air Force F-16 that shot down an unknown object over Lake Huron yesterday missed on its first attempt, U.S. officials say.

https://twitter.com/LucasFoxNews/status/1625279548152549378

more
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2023/02/report-air-force-f-16-shot-object-lake-huron-missed-first-attempt-first-missile-still-hasnt-located/#disqus_thread
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
February 14, 2023 11:29am EST
US Sidewinder missile that missed 'object' landed 'harmlessly' in Lake Huron, Milley says
US cleared airspace around Lake Huron 'object' up to the Sidewinder's maximum range
By Anders Hagstrom | Fox News

The U.S. Sidewinder missile that missed the "object" above Lake Huron landed "harmlessly" in the water, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Mark Milley said Tuesday.

Milley and Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin held a press conference regarding Sunday's missile strike on the object floating over Lake Huron on Tuesday. Milley said the Defense Department had cleared out the airspace surrounding the object up to the Sidewinder's maximum effective range, ensuring that there wouldn't be any collateral damage.

"First shot missed. Second shot hit," Milley told reporters. "We go to great lengths to make sure that the airspace is clear and the backdrop is clear up to the max effective range of the missile. And in this case, the missiles land, or the missile landed, harmlessly in the water of Lake Huron."

"We saw we tracked it all the way down, and we made sure that the airspace was clear of any commercial, civilian or recreational traffic," he added.

Milley added that the missile did not detonate on impact with the water and is now resting unarmed on the bottom of the lake.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/us/us-sidewinder-missile-missed-object-landed-harmlessly-lake-huron-milley-says
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
My guess is that this whole thing has been, at least in part, a test of China's stealth technology.  Or rather, a check of how well our systems can detect their stealth technology.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
My guess is that this whole thing has been, at least in part, a test of China's stealth technology.  Or rather, a check of how well our systems can detect their stealth technology.
If they are really effective, well, we won't know... :shrug:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
My guess is that this whole thing is a test of how effective China has made use of America's stealth technology.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

My guess is that this whole thing is a test of how effective China has made use of America's stealth technology.

Or our guys have been shooting at weather balloons.

Listen to the full question  :facepalm2:

Q: “If it turns out that the President and Mr. Trudeau sent Top Gun fighters to blow weather balloons out of the sky, does the President regret that, and is he embarrassed by that?”

Karine Jean-Pierre: “We just don't know yet.” (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/bennyjohnson/status/1625595484265152513

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Or our guys have been shooting at weather balloons.

Listen to the full question  :facepalm2:

Q: “If it turns out that the President and Mr. Trudeau sent Top Gun fighters to blow weather balloons out of the sky, does the President regret that, and is he embarrassed by that?”

Karine Jean-Pierre: “We just don't know yet.” (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/bennyjohnson/status/1625595484265152513
Interesting that you seem to think me incapable of understanding the post, yet your the one who took a tongue in cheek response as serious. I'll have to make sure I use a sarcasm tag in the future.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Interesting that you seem to think me incapable of understanding the post, yet your the one who took a tongue in cheek response as serious.

You're right @GtHawk ---. I had not taken this post as tongue in cheek:

Thanks for the clarification.  I appreciate you taking the time to do so.  :beer: