Author Topic: UCLA researchers find fentanyl, meth and heroin in counterfeit meds sold in Mexico  (Read 218 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
UCLA researchers find fentanyl, meth and heroin in counterfeit meds sold in Mexico
by: Salvador Rivera

Posted: Feb 8, 2023 / 06:05 PM CST

Updated: Feb 8, 2023 / 06:05 PM CST

SAN DIEGO (Border Report) — Researchers from the University of California Los Angeles say they have evidence showing some counterfeit medications sold in south-of-the-border pharmacies contain deadly drugs such as fentanyl, methamphetamine and heroin.

Between 2021 and 2022, UCLA researchers obtained 45 single pills that were sold without prescriptions at Mexican pharmacies that “cater to U.S. tourists.”

According to their research, the pills were distributed as “oxycodone”, “Xanax” and “Adderall”

“The samples we tested came from 40 different pharmacies in four cities in Mexico,” said Dr. Chelsea Shover, one of the researchers. “It’s important to know all the samples we tested were sold as individual pills.”

Shover stated about half of the pills tested came back positive for illegal substances.

Dr. Chelsea Shover is a researcher with UCLA’s School of Medicine. (Courtesy: UCLA)
“There are counterfeit opioid pills being sold as oxycodone or else but actually contain fentanyl,” she said.

Shover told Border Report they took on the study after hearing from fellow researchers south of the border about counterfeit

https://www.borderreport.com/news/health/ucla-researchers-find-fentanyl-meth-and-heroin-in-counterfeit-meds-sold-in-mexico/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
For those who remember the Tylenol scare from about 40 or so years ago. 

This is one of my biggest fears.  What if some terrorist inflitratated our pharma industry.

I hope they have the  security systems and QA in place to prevent it.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
For those who remember the Tylenol scare from about 40 or so years ago. 

This is one of my biggest fears.  What if some terrorist inflitratated our pharma industry.

I hope they have the  security systems and QA in place to prevent it.
Too late.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis