Author Topic: A vet’s service dog, Kaya, has died. She left behind a national legacy  (Read 112 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
A vet’s service dog, Kaya, has died. She left behind a national legacy
By Irene Loewenson
 Friday, Feb 10

When Marine veteran Cole Lyle was lobbying Congress to pass legislation that provides funding for some veterans to get service animals, a congresswoman invited him and his service dog, Kaya, into her office.

The moment they entered, it was obvious from the congresswoman’s face that she had been having a tough day, according to Lyle.

“She said, ‘You know, I’ve already read your bill, and I’m already going to co-sponsor it. Would you mind if I just cuddled with your dog for a few minutes?’” he recalled.

Kaya, a German Shepherd, jumped on the congresswoman’s lap and snored there for five or ten minutes. The congresswoman looked visibly relieved, according to Lyle.

That what Kaya was — good at intuiting when people were upset and comforting them. She made a compelling ambassador for service animal issues, Lyle said.

https://www.marinecorpstimes.com/news/your-marine-corps/2023/02/10/a-vets-service-dog-kaya-has-died-she-left-behind-a-national-legacy/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Re: A vet’s service dog, Kaya, has died. She left behind a national legacy
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2023, 01:06:10 pm »
Aww! Love a good doggy story.

Bless you Kaya. You’re a dog among dogs.

@Kamaji
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️