Author Topic: Felon Who Shot Ohio Cop Sentenced To More Than 55 Years In Prison  (Read 186 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Felon Who Shot Ohio Cop Sentenced To More Than 55 Years In Prison

Holly Matkin
February 10, 2023
Warren County, OH – The gunman who shot a Middletown police officer during a pursuit while out on parole in 2020 has been sentenced to decades behind bars.

Career criminal Christopher Hubbard, 38, was sentenced to an indefinite term of 56 to 61-and-one-half years in prison on Jan. 23, Warrant County Prosecutor David Fornshell said in a press release.

A jury convicted Hubbard on Jan. 9 on three counts of felonious assault with firearm specifications, having weapons while under disability, failure to comply with the order or signal of a police officer with a firearm specification, assaulting a police dog, and improper handling of a firearm in a motor vehicle.

He was found not guilty of attempted aggravated murder, the Dayton Daily News reported.

The jury deliberated for approximately two hours.

“His statement was, ‘I am going to get in a shootout with police.’ Not necessarily I am going to murder a police officer,” Fornshell told the Dayton Daily News. “At the end of the day the jury found that he obviously understood that those were police officers and he did exactly what he said he was going to do, which was get into a shootout with them, to the extent that they made any attempt to take him back to prison.”

https://policetribune.com/felon-who-shot-ohio-cop-sentenced-to-more-than-55-years-in-prison/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson