Author Topic: Is Biden's Pentagon a warfighting organization? Amid China threat, you have to wonder  (Read 85 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
OPINION Published February 7, 2023 1:58pm EST
Is Biden's Pentagon a warfighting organization? Amid China threat, you have to wonder

Amid China's spy flights, you would think we would want military leaders who focus on warfighting
Dakota L. Wood By Dakota L. Wood | Fox News

China spy flight debris on its way to FBI lab
Fox News’ Jennifer Griffin reports on the Pentagon’s claims that they did not shoot down the Chinese spy balloon sooner because it was not demonstrating ‘hostile act or hostile intent.’

In a recent memo, Gen. Michael A. Minihan, commander of the U.S. Air Force’s Air Mobility Command, said he has a "gut feeling" that the U.S. will be at war with China in 2025. Written to the men and women under his command, it was clearly meant to spur them to "attain higher readiness, integration, and agility" deemed necessary to win in such a fight. Minihan’s blunt talk, aggressive instructions to his troops, and sense of urgency differs starkly from the Biden administration’s approach to the threat posed by China.

Minihan has said provocative things before. "Every part of your life is better [when] you can kill your enemy" nettled some. But his prediction of war with China just two years down the road, sent senior officials and national security analysts scurrying to distance themselves from both his forecast and the tone of his memo.

Pentagon officials said Minihan’s comments were "not representative of the Department’s view on China." That’s true enough. Their phrasing and word choice has consistently implied that they are more focused on building alliance structures that achieve security objectives peacefully and that do not antagonize China than in driving a military posture that is capable of and ready for combat action should the need arise.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/biden-pentagon-warfighting-organization-amid-china-threat-wonder
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson