Author Topic: Trump’s last Defense secretary takes on the ‘American war machine’  (Read 118 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Trump’s last Defense secretary takes on the ‘American war machine’
BY BRAD DRESS - 02/09/23 6:00 AM ET

Two decades before Chris Miller became then-President Trump’s acting Defense secretary, overseeing the Pentagon as an insurrection played out in Washington, D.C., he was on a C-17 airplane headed out of Iraq, shortly after U.S. forces had captured Baghdad.

By June 2003, Miller had worked 657 days straight as a group operations commander of a special forces battalion, and as the battle grew more distant on his way to a German base, his thoughts turned dark.

He had long hoped to fight for his country. But not like this.

“The more I thought, the more I was horrified,” Miller writes in “Soldier Secretary,” a memoir released this week. “We invaded a sovereign nation, killed and maimed a lot of Iraqis, and lost some of the greatest American patriots to ever live — all for a goddamned lie.”

https://thehill.com/policy/defense/3850009-trumps-last-defense-secretary-takes-on-the-american-war-machine/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Trump’s last Defense secretary takes on the ‘American war machine’
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2023, 10:56:06 am »
I note The Hill tried to disparage what he says by pointing he was Trump's LAST Secretary of Defense.  They tacitly suggest he wasn't good enough to be higher in the order. :pondering:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson