Author Topic: Forget ‘Defund The Police’: There’s A New Movement To Handcuff The Cops  (Read 160 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Forget ‘Defund The Police’: There’s A New Movement To Handcuff The Cops
Opinion by Trevor Schakohl • Yesterday 3:38 PM

Several jurisdictions across the country have forbidden police officers from carrying out traffic stops for some lesser violations, with others considering similar measures.

Policies of this kind can hinder police from most effectively guarding public safety, experts told the Daily Caller News Foundation.

“The idea that you only enforce against specific dangerous driving incidents is undermined by the insight that people who drive unsafely in one context are likely to drive unsafely in lots of other contexts as well,” Manhattan Institute fellow Charles Lehman said to the DCNF.

Leaders in multiple states and cities are embracing efforts to bar police from pulling drivers over for certain less-severe traffic violations, a move that some experts believe endangers public safety.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opinion/forget-defund-the-police-there-s-a-new-movement-to-handcuff-the-cops/ar-AA17nHwQ?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=f2d7305071a9477c8d32bcd238727b61
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson