Author Topic: Another Sea-Level Scare Story Drowns Under Scrutiny  (Read 311 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Another Sea-Level Scare Story Drowns Under Scrutiny
« on: February 11, 2023, 05:00:51 pm »
WRITTEN BY STERLING BURNETT AND ANTHONY WATTS ON FEB 9, 2023. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS

Another Sea-Level Scare Story Drowns Under Scrutiny

miami coastA recent debate in The Nation claimed Miami should either make plans to evacuate from the Florida coast or become the model of adaptation in response to rapidly rising sea levels from climate change and the refugees that will result from it.

The story is not just false, it is laughably inept. [emphasis, links added]

There is no evidence the United States faces the loss of any major coastal city due to climate change or that climate change has or will create climate refugees.

The Nation published an exchange between Daniel Aldana Cohen and Samantha Schuyler titled “Should We Start Preparing for the Evacuation of Miami?”

https://climatechangedispatch.com/another-sea-level-scare-story-drowns-under-scrutiny/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Another Sea-Level Scare Story Drowns Under Scrutiny
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2023, 05:14:58 pm »
Well doesn't that just wet algore's knickers?

Understand this has pretty much has been static since placed at present location since tri-centenial.

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online DB

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2023, 05:31:11 pm »
Well doesn't that just wet algore's knickers?

Understand this has pretty much has been static since placed at present location since tri-centenial.

Apparently that isn't the location or the actual stone from the era of the Pilgrams.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2023, 07:27:45 pm »
Apparently that isn't the location or the actual stone from the era of the Pilgrams.

Possibly, but the point was that this was where this particular stone was placed in 1920, and there doesn't show to be any discernable rise in sea level.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2023, 08:15:24 pm »

Damn Pilgrims.  They took their Plymouth rock and went home.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.