Author Topic: Don’t Fall for Biden’s Fractured Economic Policy Fairy Tales  (Read 150 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Don’t Fall for Biden’s Fractured Economic Policy Fairy Tales
« on: February 11, 2023, 11:47:31 am »
Don’t Fall for Biden’s Fractured Economic Policy Fairy Tales
David Harsanyi / @davidharsanyi / February 10, 2023

David Harsanyi is a senior writer at National Review and the author of "Eurotrash: Why America Must Reject the Failed Ideas of a Dying Continent."

Like Nero bragging about rebuilding Circus Maximus after burning it down, President Joe Biden took to the podium Tuesday night to take credit for solving a slew of problems he helped create.

At the top of his State of the Union address, the president boasted that he had “more jobs created in two years than any president has created in four years.”

No president—not Joe Biden, nor Donald Trump—creates jobs. But Biden’s contention was exceptionally misleading, considering he inherited an economy that had been unplugged by an artificial, state-induced shutdown. If the government compels businesses to shutter, it doesn’t “create” jobs when allowing them to open.

On more than one occasion during the night, a mercurial Biden contended that COVID-19 had shut down the economy. No, states did. Politicians did.

https://www.dailysignal.com/2023/02/10/dont-fall-for-bidens-fractured-economic-policy-fairy-tales/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson