Author Topic: Biden to visit Poland to mark first anniversary of Russian invasion of Ukraine  (Read 893 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Biden to visit Poland to mark first anniversary of Russian invasion of Ukraine
Washington Times, Feb 10, 2023

President Biden will travel to Poland on Feb. 20 to mark the first anniversary of the Russian invasion of Ukraine, the White House announced Friday.

Mr. Biden will meet with Polish President Andrzej Duda and NATO leaders during the two-day visit to “reaffirm the United States’ unwavering support and security for the alliance,” White House press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre said.

She said he also will highlight “how the United States has rallied the world to support the people of Ukraine as they defend their freedom and democracy, and how we will continue to stand with the people of Ukraine for as long as it takes.”

National Security Council spokesman John Kirby would not preview any additional stops during the trip to Poland when asked whether Mr. Biden intended to cross into neighboring Ukraine.

Mr. Biden visited Poland last March, one month after Russia invaded Ukraine, where he said during a speech that Russian President Vladimir Putin “cannot stay in power.”

More:
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2023/feb/10/biden-visit-poland-mark-first-anniversary-russian-/?utm_source=RSS_Feed&utm_medium=RSS

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Stand with Ukraine till what and when? Preventing annual waves of attack from Russia? Aiding Kiev to reoccupy Crimea even at the risk of a nuclear war? Being a co-belligerent in all but name? Regime change?

A president’s duty is to clarify, not prevaricate about, the risks of policy to his own countrymen.

More:. https://www.theamericanconservative.com/an-outlet-for-the-unsaid/

Offline Hoodat

She said he also will highlight “how the United States has rallied the world to support the people of Ukraine as they defend their freedom and democracy, and how we will continue to stand with the people of Ukraine for as long as it takes.”

Yeah, right.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Finally A Polack joke in the making about Joe Biden.\
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online mountaineer

Visit East Palestine, Ohio, Joe, just for the novelty of showing you give a rat's rear end about American citizens.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Hoodat

Visit East Palestine, Ohio, Joe, just for the novelty of showing you give a rat's rear end about American citizens.

Columbiana County went 72% for Trump in 2020.  So a visit from Biden on behalf of the people of East Palestine ain't happening.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online mountaineer

Columbiana County went 72% for Trump in 2020.  So a visit from Biden on behalf of the people of East Palestine ain't happening.
His handlers probably are celebrating  the Ohioans' misfortune.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Finally A Polack joke in the making about Joe Biden.\
GMTA... :whistle:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
GMTA... :whistle:

Couple of weeks ago Joe was Puerto Rican.   This week I bet he says he is a Polish Sausage?
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online DefiantMassRINO

Can Poland give Ukraine those old Soviet fighter jets, yet?

A-10 Warthogs would also be handy to the Ukrainians.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline Kamaji

Can Poland give Ukraine those old Soviet fighter jets, yet?

A-10 Warthogs would also be handy to the Ukrainians.

:thumbsup:

Offline dfwgator

Hopefully he won't bring Jimmy Carter's translator along:

Carter said he wanted to learn about the Polish people's desires for the future; Seymour said that Carter desired the Poles. Carter said he was happy to be in Poland; Seymour said he was happy to grasp at Poland's private parts.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Couple of weeks ago Joe was Puerto Rican.   This week I bet he says he is a Polish Sausage?
Well, he could have been a jelly donut... :shrug:

Oh, wait, that was in Germany...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Kamaji

Well, he could have been a jelly donut... :shrug:

Oh, wait, that was in Germany...

Ich bin ...

Online corbe

bidet screwed it all up, as usual.  They were supposed to move all the equipment out of Afghanistan to the Ukraine just as they moved all the Korea stuff to Vietnam to help the French in 54. 
   I believed Eisenhower had it right, after 4 years in the USAF in 75, ~ I fear the Military Industrial Complex. 
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online mountaineer

Ha ha, I love a Berliner joke.