Author Topic: High-altitude object’ shot down by military over Alaska, White House confirms  (Read 2353 times)

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Has any country complained about the shoot down?

If not, then perhaps it was a false flag operation, and we simply shot down something we put up for the sole purpose of shooting it down, just so Bidet can now claim to be all macho and tough.
Either that or some poor bast@rd needs a new lawn chair...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Dem Rep. Himes: ‘Unlikely’ Alaska Object Was ‘a Threat’ — They Took it Down Due to What We ‘Went Through’ with Spy Balloon

Ian Hanchett 10 Feb 2023

On Friday’s broadcast of MSNBC’s “Deadline: White House,” Rep. Jim Himes (D-CT) stated that he believes the object downed over Alaska “was unlikely to have been a threat of any kind, even of intelligence gathering,” and was probably something benign and “they just said, given what we just all went through for a week, better to just take this thing down.” He also stated that there was a risk to civilian aircraft from the object and that is a reason for the object being taken down.

Himes said, “I don’t know a lot. The briefing was pretty summary, my understanding, there have been some briefings in D.C. for various committee staff, we’re largely gone, the House and the Senate were out today. I can offer some informed speculation, which is that this was unlikely to have been a threat of any kind, even of intelligence gathering, we would have heard more, I think. It was almost certainly unmanned, if it had been manned, they would have said different things at the Pentagon. And my best guess is that, for the first time, because of the emergence of this balloon, a lot of eyes are trained — the first one, so I think this is probably a case of now we’re looking really hard. And you may remember when we did the big hearings around what people call UFOs, what we’re supposed to call unidentified aerial phenomenon, it turns out there’s an immense amount of junk floating around up there. There [are] weather balloons, there [are] private companies that put things up to try to provide Internet service. So my best speculative guess right now is that it was probably something like that, and they just said, given what we just all went through for a week, better to just take this thing down.”

He added that there was a threat to civilian aviation from the object and that’s why it was downed.

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2023/02/10/dem-rep-himes-unlikely-alaska-object-was-a-threat-they-took-it-down-due-to-what-we-went-through-with-spy-balloon/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

It was a false flag.  A balloon the US itself sent up just so it could be shot down to make Bidet look better.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
It was a false flag.  A balloon the US itself sent up just so it could be shot down to make Bidet look better.

Not enough balloons in the world to do that.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Kamaji

Not enough balloons in the world to do that.

You and I know that, but ….

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 February 11, 2023 6:18am EST
Did Kirby 'bury the lede' in revealing shootdown of 'object' over Alaskan Arctic?
Alaska Gov. Mike Dunleavy said the latest 'intrusion' raised questions about the White House's decision not to immediately take down the Chinese spy flight earlier this week
By Charles Creitz | Fox News

The Biden administration is under new scrutiny for the way it was revealed Friday the U.S. military shot down an "object" flying in territorial waters over Alaska.

Soon after a reporter in the White House briefing room asked an offhand question about a reported downing of another unmanned "object" over U.S. airspace, critics questioned whether National Security Council strategic communications coordinator John Kirby glossed over the event a little too fast.

Amid several questions-and-answers about new Brazilian President Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva's visit to the White House, a reporter asked if Kirby had any information on "another Chinese balloon above Alaska" that was shot down.

Kirby confirmed the Pentagon had been tracking a "high-altitude object" flying at 40,000 feet over Alaskan airspace for about a day – but underlined there is no information yet to discern whether it was of Chinese or even "corporate" origin. He stressed that President Biden ordered the downing after being advised by the Pentagon.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/media/kirby-bury-lead-revealing-shootdown-object-alaskan-arctic
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

That was my first thought when I heard the news... :smokin:
Support the USO

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Pedo Joe's POTUS military legacy will be the Kabul withdraw debacle and shooting down balloons.

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Idiot

That was my first thought when I heard the news... :smokin:
Isn't it sad to even think our government is even capable of this.  Amazing how radical things have changed the last few years.  I'm sceptical of EVERYTHING the government reports.  You'd think we were listening to pravda now.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
February 11, 2023 2:21pm EST
'Object' shot down over Alaska penetrated US airspace before being detected: US official
Shootdown of 'object' over Alaska follows similar incident involving a Chinese surveillance aircraft over continental US last week

By Lucas Y. Tomlinson , Timothy H.J. Nerozzi | Fox News

A senior U.S. official has confirmed to Fox News that the "object" shot down over Alaska on Friday entered U.S. airspace before it was detected.

The official told Fox News the object was detected by the U.S. military while it was "over Alaska not far from the northern coast" on Thursday night.

National Security Council spokesperson John Kirby confirmed Friday afternoon during a White House press briefing that the U.S. military shot down an "object" that was flying in territorial waters over Alaska.

Kirby added that the "object" landed on frozen waters, and that "Fighter aircraft assigned to U.S. Northern Command took down the object within the last hour."

He also added that the "object" was "much, much smaller than the spy balloon that we took down last Saturday."

Air Force Brig. Gen. Pat Ryder, a Pentagon spokesperson, said Friday afternoon that the military has located a significant amount of debris from the object, stating that it was shot down by an F-22 using an A9X missile out of Joint Base Elmendorf–Richardson in Anchorage, Alaska.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/object-shot-down-alaska-penetrated-us-airspace-before-being-detected-us-official
Support the USO

Offline DB

Mylar party balloon?

Online mountaineer

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline Idiot

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Chinese balloon wasn’t downed over Alaska due to ‘dangerous’ recovery
By Bryant Harris and Colin Demarest
 Thursday, Feb 9

WASHINGTON — A senior Pentagon official on Thursday tried to justify the military’s decision not to shoot down a Chinese balloon as soon as it entered Alaskan airspace by highlighting the dangers doing so would have posed to the recovery and examination of its surveillance equipment.

Melissa Dalton, the assistant secretary of defense for homeland defense and hemispheric affairs, spoke to lawmakers days after the U.S. shot down a high-flying balloon off the South Carolina coast, and on the same day a senior State Department official revealed additional details about the balloon’s spying capabilities.

“A key part of the calculus for this operation was the ability to salvage, understand and exploit the capabilities of the high-altitude balloon,” Dalton said before the Senate Appropriations Committee’s defense panel. “And we look forward to sharing that with you in a classified setting and openly as we learn more.”

https://www.defensenews.com/congress/2023/02/09/chinese-balloon-wasnt-downed-over-alaska-due-to-dangerous-recovery/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The reasons given for not shooting down the first balloon were completely overlooked in shooting down the second one.  Why should that be?  Who knows, maybe Biden called Xi and asked him, as an old buddy, to send another balloon so he could shoot it down and win some brownie points. :yowsa:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
If this gets any more convoluted we're gonna be talking about center fuel tank explosions.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
If this gets any more convoluted we're gonna be talking about center fuel tank explosions.

:yowsa: :beer:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Have any c-130s left for Area 51?  Wright Patterson?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Idiot

Have any c-130s left for Area 51?  Wright Patterson?
So now we shot down another one over the great lakes?  Ok...this is getting weird.

Offline Hoodat

Mylar party balloon?

This balloon was given a metallic coating, making it easier to target.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online mountaineer

U.S. Ministry of Truth
@USMiniTru
·
4h
BREAKING: San Francisco plans to protect its airspace by launching homeless people at incoming balloons.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline DB

This balloon was given a metallic coating, making it easier to target.

I believe, could be wrong, that the metallic coating of mylar makes it less porous so that it doesn't leak the helium as quickly. It also reduces the solar heating reducing the pressure changes from day to night and back again.