Author Topic: Biden’s War On “Big Oil” Backfires  (Read 238 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Biden’s War On “Big Oil” Backfires
« on: February 10, 2023, 07:01:06 pm »
Biden’s War On “Big Oil” Backfires      
BY TIMOTHY H. LEE
THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 09 2023

t isn’t simply that government tends to bungle anything that it touches. Occasionally, it somehow manages to achieve the exact opposite of its intended result.

In Gallup’s latest annual survey of what Americans consider the most pressing problem facing the nation, “government” leapt several places since last year to top the list. 

That probably shouldn’t surprise anyone, considering the Biden Administration’s relentless effort to increase government intrusion into every aspect of Americans’ lives.  The more familiar we become with government, the less we like it. 

It’s not by accident, after all, that among Ronald Reagan’s most enduring witticisms is, “The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, ‘I’m from the government and I’m here to help.’” 

Recent events, however, have added an amusing new twist. 

https://cfif.org/v/index.php/commentary/44-energy-and-environment/6207-bidens-war-on-big-oil-backfires
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DB

Re: Biden’s War On “Big Oil” Backfires
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2023, 08:04:52 pm »
I would also guess that those record profits are due to them not being rolled back into future development as normally occurs. And as time passes the shortages will only increase.

Offline berdie

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2023, 09:59:49 pm »
I would also guess that those record profits are due to them not being rolled back into future development as normally occurs. And as time passes the shortages will only increase.

I think that would be a good bet.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2023, 10:15:56 pm »
Utopia!  Utopia!  The 'god' who is without sin rules over us, and blamelessly so!
 :media: ////00000//// twilight zonexxxx ////00000//// :reaper:
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions