General Category > Elections 2024

How outside groups are boosting DeSantis before a possible 2024 bid

(1/4) > >>

corbe:
How outside groups are boosting DeSantis before a possible 2024 bid

BY BRETT SAMUELS - 02/10/23 6:00 AM ET

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) may still be months away from announcing a 2024 presidential bid, but multiple outside groups are putting in the work in the meantime to make sure he can hit the ground running.

Three different super PACs have emerged in recent months backing DeSantis as a 2024 candidate. The goal, according to the people behind the efforts, is to build up volunteers and infrastructure so an eventual DeSantis campaign isn’t at a disadvantage if and when he officially launches his campaign.

That could prove especially critical for DeSantis, who as Florida governor is one of the only potential 2024 candidates whose travel and involvement in early primary states is limited by his day job.

“He’s kind of handicapped by the fact he’s got a legislative session that’s going to last a couple months here,” said Ed Rollins, chief strategist for the “Ready for Ron” super PAC and a veteran of numerous Republican campaigns.

<..snip..>

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/3851814-how-outside-groups-are-boosting-desantis-before-a-possible-2024-bid/

ScottinVA:
DeSantis is my choice. 

Maj. Bill Martin:

--- Quote from: ScottinVA on February 16, 2023, 12:59:28 am ---DeSantis is my choice.

--- End quote ---

Same here.  Haven't been this supportive of a candidate since Reagan.

DefiantMassRINO:
So far, DeSantis is my choice.

Americans want someone who is confrontational.

Haley has proven herself to be a wet noodle political opportunist.  She's flip-flopped almost as much as Mitt Romney.

catfish1957:

--- Quote from: Maj. Bill Martin on February 16, 2023, 05:33:01 pm ---Same here.  Haven't been this supportive of a candidate since Reagan.

--- End quote ---

Same here.   And...

Dang, told my wife the exact same thing last week.  GMTA.

(see tag line)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version