Author Topic: A Failed, Unreported History Precedes Harris’ ‘Root Causes’ Strategy to Shutter Illegal Immigration  (Read 223 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
A Failed, Unreported History Precedes Harris’ ‘Root Causes’ Strategy to Shutter Illegal Immigration

Todd Bensman
Feb 09, 2023

AUSTIN, Texas – Vice President Kamala Harris spiked the football this week as though she had scored big time in her two-year effort to address the “root causes” of illegal immigration from Central America. Some $950 million in new pledges by private companies, added to the $3.2 billion pledged since May 2021, are already creating “positive trends,” Harris claimed in a February 6 press conference announcement.

“The research is pretty clear in telling us that, when we create economic opportunity in these regions, as we have done, we can potentially have a great impact on those who otherwise would leave home and allow them an opportunity to stay in their home countries, which is where they prefer to be,” Harris told reporters.

But the polar opposite is true about the research she claimed, as my forthcoming book, Overrun: How Joe Biden Unleashed the Greatest Border Crisis in U.S. History reveals for the first time. Rarely if ever reported before, during or after all prior Harris press conferences like this one is the fact that Europe has tried variations of “root causes” migration alleviation strategies for more than 30 years already. A trove of good, corroborating research exists that actually debunks the policy as a total failure – long years before Biden’s government adopted the European idea as its own.

https://townhall.com/columnists/toddbensman/2023/02/09/a-failed-unreported-history-precedes-harris-root-causes-strategy-to-shutter-illegal-immigration-n2619395
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Move manufacturing that is being done in China to Central America.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline BellyAche

Billions pledged, more monies for the corrupt. Central and South America is a hotbed of corruption. It has been for years and years. This is another reason giving them "pesos" doesn't work!
Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. - Theodore Roosevelt