Author Topic: ARCTIC WARFARE HEATS UP: UNIQUE DIVISION SPECIALIZES IN COLD-WEATHER OPERATIONS  (Read 95 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
ARCTIC WARFARE HEATS UP: UNIQUE DIVISION SPECIALIZES IN COLD-WEATHER OPERATIONS

STAFF SGT. MICHAEL SWORD
Tuesday, January 24, 2023

Guidons and flags waved gently in the breeze as senior leaders from across the Army prepared to address the gathered soldiers. On June 6, nearly 80 years after D-Day and the invasion of Normandy, France, Army Chief of Staff Gen. James McConville presided over the activation of the Army’s first airborne division in decades—the 11th Airborne Division—and laid out its mission to the hundreds of soldiers in attendance:

While the mission may seem like a tall order, it’s in the DNA of the division. As McConville noted during the activation ceremony, it was the 11th Airborne Division that defined division-level airborne operations for a generation during World War II.

https://www.ausa.org/articles/arctic-warfare-heats-unique-division-specializes-cold-weather-operations
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson