Author Topic: St. Louis trans clinic is investigated for harming 600 children  (Read 2551 times)

Offline Kamaji

St. Louis trans clinic is investigated for harming 600 children
« on: February 10, 2023, 01:37:12 pm »
'Do you want a dead daughter or an alive son?' St. Louis trans clinic is investigated for harming 600 children - as whistleblower reveals doctors perform transition surgeries on MINORS and teens who want hormones to avoid pregnancies or being gay

By ALEX OLIVEIRA and JEN SMITH, CHIEF REPORTER FOR DAILYMAIL.COM
9 February 2023

A St. Louis transgender treatment clinic is under investigation for allegedly harming up to 600 children after a whistleblower claimed parents were bullied into allowing kids to take irreversible hormone drugs and undergo gender-transitioning surgeries.

Jamie Reed, a former employee at the Washington University Transgender Center at St. Louis Children's Hospital, told The Free Press that the clinic administered a litany of irreparable treatments to minors, often times without parental consent.

Reed claims that doctors would ask questions like 'do you want a dead daughter or an alive son?' to 'bully' children's parents into going ahead with gender transitions - under the pretense that not doing so would make them suicidal.

The whistleblower told The Free Press that working at the center, which medically transitioned 600 children within two years, was: 'Like I was in a cult, and I had to de-program my way out of it.'

Reed alleged, in a sworn affidavit, that the hospital openly lied about not performing sex-transitioning surgeries on minors - claiming one doctor, Dr. Allison Snyder-Warwick, performed one at the hospital in the last few years.

Source:  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11734551/St-Louis-trans-clinic-investigated-harming-600-teens.html

Offline mountaineer

Re: St. Louis trans clinic is investigated for harming 600 children
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2023, 02:36:11 pm »
See also our discussion starting here: https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,491273.msg2782101.html#msg2782101

FOX News: Published February 9, 2023 9:17pm EST
Missouri attorney general launches investigation into children's hospital's transgender center
A former hospital employee said that employees at the transgender center 'lie' to the parents of patients
By Adam Sabes | Fox News
Missouri Attorney General Andrew Bailey said that his office has launched a multi-agency investigation into the Washington University Pediatric Transgender Center at St. Louis Children’s Hospital after a whistleblower went public and accused the hospital of lying to parents of patients.

Bailey said in a press release that his office began the investigation into St. Louis Children’s Hospital two weeks ago, but is now confirming it's looking into the hospital after Jamie Reed, former case manager at the hospital's transgender center, went public about her allegations.

Reed said in a sworn affidavit submitted to the attorney general's office that she was employed at the hospital from 2018 until November 2022 as a case manager at the Washington University Pediatric Transgender Center at St. Louis Children’s Hospital. She accuses hospital employees at the transgender center of lying to the parents of patients, among many other issues. ...

"Doctors at the Center also have publicly claimed that they do not do any gender transition surgeries on minors. … This was a lie. The Center regularly refers minors for gender transition surgery. The Center routinely gives out the names and contact information of surgeons to those under the age of 18. At least one gender transition surgery was performed by Dr. Allison Snyder-Warwick at St. Louis Children’s Hospital in the last few years," Reed said. ...
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2023, 03:26:17 pm »
Are Federal funds being used to pay for these procedures?

I can't imagine they wouldn't do such a thing unless there was profit for them.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2023, 04:46:43 pm »
Are Federal funds being used to pay for these procedures?

I can't imagine they wouldn't do such a thing unless there was profit for them.
Exactly. They wouldn't do any of this crap without federal funding and/or insurance coverage.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2023, 04:58:31 pm »
Exactly. They wouldn't do any of this crap without federal funding and/or insurance coverage.

Actually, some of them would, because it's an ideological commitment for them.  The only scarier than greed, is ideological fervor.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2023, 05:21:27 pm »
I Thought I Was Saving Trans Kids. Now I’m Blowing the Whistle.
The Free Press, Feb 10, 2023, Jaime Reed

I am a 42-year-old St. Louis native, a queer woman, and politically to the left of Bernie Sanders. My worldview has deeply shaped my career. I have spent my professional life providing counseling to vulnerable populations: children in foster care, sexual minorities, the poor.

For almost four years, I worked at The Washington University School of Medicine Division of Infectious Diseases with teens and young adults who were HIV positive. Many of them were trans or otherwise gender nonconforming, and I could relate: Through childhood and adolescence, I did a lot of gender questioning myself. I’m now married to a transman, and together we are raising my two biological children from a previous marriage and three foster children we hope to adopt.

All that led me to a job in 2018 as a case manager at The Washington University Transgender Center at St. Louis Children's Hospital, which had been established a year earlier.

The center’s working assumption was that the earlier you treat kids with gender dysphoria, the more anguish you can prevent later on. This premise was shared by the center’s doctors and therapists. Given their expertise, I assumed that abundant evidence backed this consensus.

During the four years I worked at the clinic as a case manager—I was responsible for patient intake and oversight—around a thousand distressed young people came through our doors. The majority of them received hormone prescriptions that can have life-altering consequences—including sterility.

I left the clinic in November of last year because I could no longer participate in what was happening there. By the time I departed, I was certain that the way the American medical system is treating these patients is the opposite of the promise we make to “do no harm.” Instead, we are permanently harming the vulnerable patients in our care.

Today I am speaking out. I am doing so knowing how toxic the public conversation is around this highly contentious issue—and the ways that my testimony might be misused. I am doing so knowing that I am putting myself at serious personal and professional risk.

Almost everyone in my life advised me to keep my head down. But I cannot in good conscience do so. Because what is happening to scores of children is far more important than my comfort. And what is happening to them is morally and medically appalling.

More:
https://www.thefp.com/p/i-thought-i-was-saving-trans-kids

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2023, 05:29:24 pm »
I certainly saw this at the center. One of my jobs was to do intake for new patients and their families. When I started there were probably 10 such calls a month. When I left there were 50, and about 70 percent of the new patients were girls. Sometimes clusters of girls arrived from the same high school.

This concerned me, but didn’t feel I was in the position to sound some kind of alarm back then. There was a team of about eight of us, and only one other person brought up the kinds of questions I had. Anyone who raised doubts ran the risk of being called a transphobe.

The girls who came to us had many comorbidities: depression, anxiety, ADHD, eating disorders, obesity. Many were diagnosed with autism, or had autism-like symptoms. A report last year on a British pediatric transgender center found that about one-third of the patients referred there were on the autism spectrum.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2023, 05:33:31 pm »
Then I came across comments from Dr. Rachel Levine, a transgender woman who is a high official at the federal Department of Health and Human Services. The article read: “Levine, the U.S. assistant secretary for health, said that clinics are proceeding carefully and that no American children are receiving drugs or hormones for gender dysphoria who shouldn’t.”

I felt stunned and sickened. It wasn’t true. And I know that from deep first-hand experience.

So I started writing down everything I could about my experience at the Transgender Center. Two weeks ago, I brought my concerns and documents to the attention of Missouri’s attorney general. He is a Republican. I am a progressive. But the safety of children should not be a matter for our culture wars.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2023, 06:02:50 pm »
This might be the most important article written in 2023. I hope it spells the beginning of the end for the Trans industrial complex.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2023, 06:19:49 pm »
This might be the most important article written in 2023. I hope it spells the beginning of the end for the Trans industrial complex.

Agree.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2023, 07:06:34 pm »

Join my Twitter campaign by posting #thereisnosuchthingastransgender
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2023, 09:08:08 pm »
Join my Twitter campaign by posting #thereisnosuchthingastransgender

Done

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2023, 09:43:54 pm »

Completely agree.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2023, 02:42:18 am »
I fully agree.
 Considering not long ago, the practice of Islamic Female Genital Mutilation was considered a horrorshow, I really don't understand what has happened to the medical profession here.

Between COVID and now this latest fad of Mad Science, the medical profession is rapidly losing what respect I had lingering for it.
If it was not the clearinghouse for antibiotics, diagnostic tests, and such, I'd be tempted to disregard it completely.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2023, 05:10:34 am »
I fully agree.
 Considering not long ago, the practice of Islamic Female Genital Mutilation was considered a horrorshow, I really don't understand what has happened to the medical profession here.

Between COVID and now this latest fad of Mad Science, the medical profession is rapidly losing what respect I had lingering for it.
If it was not the clearinghouse for antibiotics, diagnostic tests, and such, I'd be tempted to disregard it completely.

Agree completely. 

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2023, 10:41:38 pm »
Formerly respectable medical centers have gone crazy.
Andy Ngô 🏳️‍🌈
@MrAndyNgo
@JohnsHopkins University & @HopkinsMedicine sent out a political email to staff saying the institution supports Maryland HB283, a bill that would require taxpayers to fund trans medical treatments that include a long list of cosmetic procedures like hair removal & tracheal shave

10:48 AM · Feb 13, 2023

Offline mountaineer

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2023, 07:46:03 am »
I wonder how much of this is just a way for the people involved to be homosexuals without the potential stigma of being homosexuals?

Whether or not that is the case, the trend in Medicine seems to be toward profitability, regardless of the source of that income, or the harm done to gain it.

What in the Hell happened to "First do no harm?"
« Last Edit: February 14, 2023, 07:49:22 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2023, 08:00:24 pm »
Billboard Chris 🇨🇦🇺🇸
@BillboardChris
I’m releasing exclusive undercover video tonight of Dr. Holly Hoefgen, from the Washington University transgender clinic, blatantly lying to parents about what goes on in the gender clinic.
It’s from an event in November, organized by local Parent Teacher Organizations.

2:45 PM · Feb 26, 2023

Billboard Chris 🇨🇦🇺🇸
@BillboardChris
The Washington University transgender clinic is being investigated by Missouri’s Attorney General @AGAndrewBailey, and also by Senator @HawleyMO. This of course is due to the bombshell whistleblower report earlier this month from Jamie Reed.
2:52 PM · Feb 26, 2023

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2023, 05:54:46 pm »
Dr. Anastasia Maria Loupis
@DrLoupis
This is a girl’s forearm. Her muscles have been farmed to create a fake phallus that doesn’t function. They will try to make her a fake urethra. She’ll probably be incontinent, she will certainly never function like a man. And her muscles won’t grow back.
Google ‘phalloplasty’

7:44 AM · Mar 1, 2023
Harvesting arm muscles, thus permanently disfiguring that limb, to make a fake nonfunctioning d*ck, are you kidding me?  **nononono*

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2023, 06:48:09 pm »
Harvesting arm muscles, thus permanently disfiguring that limb, to make a fake nonfunctioning d*ck, are you kidding me?  **nononono*

That is both revolting and demonic.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2023, 09:21:04 pm »
Washington University’s social policy institute attacks credibility of transgender clinic whistleblower
    Michele Munz
 4 hrs ago
March 3, 2023
St. Louis Post-Dispatch
ST. LOUIS — Leaders at Washington University have largely been silent amid investigations of its pediatric transgender clinic, but the university’s social policy institute this week weighed in on the controversy, releasing a statement that sharply attacks the credibility of a former clinic employee who raised concerns about the quality of care provided to children.

Jamie Reed, a former case manager at the Washington University Transgender Center at St. Louis Children’s Hospital, last month alleged, among other things, that puberty blockers and hormone therapies were too freely given to children and teens, some of whom suffered with mental illness or other issues. Parents, she said in an article published online by The Free Press and also a sworn affidavit provided to Missouri Attorney General Andrew Bailey, were not told about the medications’ risks, lied to and coerced into continuing treatment.

But, a 1,355-word response sent out this week by the Clark-Fox Policy Institute questions Reed’s qualifications and asserts her article is filled with fallacies that are often misused to spread subjective opinions about gender-affirming care.

“The rhetoric follows many common tropes peddled by those who oppose the social affirmation and medical treatment of transgender adolescents and adults,” Jeremy Goldbach and Shannon Dunlap write. “By centering the perspective of only one individual, the article leaves medical and mental health professionals, academics, and most importantly, trans adolescents and their families voiceless while purporting to advocate for them.”  ...

Reed’s attorney, Ernie Trakas with the Child and Parental Rights Campaign, called the researchers’ dismissiveness of Reed’s claims and defense of the transgender clinic “a sophomoric, duplicitous apology worthy of condemnation” that will be exposed once investigations are complete.

“More troubling is Washington University’s support of their diatribe. This too will have consequences,” Trakas, a member of the St. Louis County Council, said. ...
More

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2023, 09:36:34 pm »
So-called "gender affirming" drugs and surgeries should never be performed on a minor child, period, end of discussion.  Anyone who says otherwise is, quite simply, evil.  Period.  End of discussion.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2023, 02:02:42 pm »
4thWaveNow
@4th_WaveNow
Critics of whistleblower Jamie Reed say it's suspicious  no family has yet come forward to support her allegations about the St. Louis clinic. That may be because they all buy into what the clinic is selling. Most people have NO IDEA how many parents are well down the rabbithole.
10:00 AM · Mar 13, 2023