Author Topic: Meet the Army’s first full-time rappers  (Read 317 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Meet the Army’s first full-time rappers
« on: February 09, 2023, 11:48:23 am »
Meet the Army’s first full-time rappers
By Jonathan Lehrfeld
 Feb 8, 03:33 PM

The Army now has official rappers among its ranks with a mission to turn the service cool ... finally.

Staff Sgts. Lamar Riddick and Nicholas Feemster were selected as the first two vocalists with the U.S. Army Field Band to serve as full-time rappers.

The pair debuted its lyrical prowess for the service in August during the Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo — an annual gathering of international military bands.

The field band’s communications director Rob Piper told Military Times in a statement that “[t]he Army is always looking for ways to better connect with and represent all Americans. Adding these talented artists, who can do so with passion and authenticity, is not only great talent management, but helps the Army better reflect society as a whole.”

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-army/2023/02/08/meet-the-armys-first-full-time-rappers/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Meet the Army’s first full-time rappers
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2023, 11:51:15 am »
I suppose the shows will now begin with a Star Spangled Banner rap because it would be woke and "cool." :headbang:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2023, 12:11:19 pm »
Damn it Ranger.....

you hide must hide those Babylon Bee tags better every day.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2023, 04:25:09 pm »
C'mon man! You're telling me that the Army has never had full time crappers before? I mean one example I know of was Al Gore.

Offline BellyAche

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2023, 10:15:16 pm »
This makes my brain hurt!!!  *****rollingeyes*****
Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2023, 11:22:56 am »
Damn it Ranger.....

you hide must hide those Babylon Bee tags better every day.

It's all in how you rap the story!
Thomas Jefferson