Author Topic: Top Biden admin official's husband is CEO of, has $25 million stake in green energy financing firm  (Read 532 times)

Online mountaineer

Published February 9, 2023 12:00pm EST
Top Biden admin official's husband is CEO of, has $25 million stake in green energy financing firm
Johns' family ties to a massive financial stake in a green energy firm 'could present an issue,' ethics expert tells Fox News Digital
By Thomas Catenacci | Fox News

EXCLUSIVE: Senior Department of Energy (DOE) official Wahleah Johns' spouse is the top executive and co-founder of a green energy firm that specializes in financing solar projects.

Johns — who was selected to lead the DOE's Office of Indian Energy Policy and Programs in January 2021 — is married to Billy Parish, the CEO of the California-based Mosaic, according to Office of Government Ethics filings reviewed by Fox News Digital. Overall, Parish has more than $1 million in vested stock options of Mosaic and an up to $25 million stake in the firm, the filings showed.

Parish co-founded Mosaic more than a decade ago as a crowdfunding startup which has since grown into a solar financing giant that has provided more than $10 billion in funding to residential solar and energy-efficient installations for contractors and consumers. ...

However, the direct family ties between Johns, who has focused much of her efforts in office on boosting solar projects, and such a major solar loan provider could present a conflict of interest depending on Mosaic's relationship with the DOE and whether it has recently obtained funding from the federal agency, an ethics expert said.

"If Mosaic has received funding from the Department of Energy or if they're slated to become a recipient of any funding, like any of the grants or loan guarantees, that could present an issue," Michael Chamberlain, the director of government watchdog group Protect the Public's Trust, told Fox News Digital in an interview.  ... FOX News
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Conflicts of interest are a way of life on Wall Street and in Washington, DC.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Online mountaineer

It would be surprising if there weren't any DOE people with a financial interest in so-called green energy.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

DC critters suck.

Back in the day I had to disclose any vendor gift or meal of >$10. And had to register with the state as a stinking lobbyist, even though I worked at a plant.  Just because I dealt with and negtotiated with reguatory agencies.
I  don't know what the COI guidelines are nowadays, but I am sure they aren't much different.

Some kind of amazing hypocicy isn't it?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.