General Category > Elections 2024

DeSantis eyeing summertime presidential announcement: Report

(1/5) > >>

corbe:
DeSantis eyeing summertime presidential announcement: Report

by Cami Mondeaux, Breaking News Reporter
February 09, 2023 08:35 AM

Gov. Ron DeSantis (R-FL) is inching closer to launching a White House bid for 2024, with the Florida governor reportedly eyeing an announcement in late May or early June.

Although DeSantis has not announced whether he intends to seek the GOP presidential nomination, several Republican advisers close to the governor say he has already made up his mind on the matter. However, an announcement is not expected to come until after the Sunshine State concludes its legislative session in late May.

“I think his mind is pretty much made up at this point,” a GOP operative told the Hill. “My read on it is: Let’s get through [the legislative] session, get some stuff done, and see where things stand. But unless something changes drastically between now and then, I’d say he’s a go.”

Advisers for DeSantis have already begun the hiring process to beef up his campaign team, with some of the governor’s advisers laying the groundwork for a national campaign, the outlet reported. However, it’s still unclear when he may make the final announcement — with some GOP operatives pushing him to make the move sooner rather than later.

<..snip..>

https://12ft.io/proxy?q=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.washingtonexaminer.com%2Fnews%2Fcampaigns%2Fdesantis-eyeing-summertime-presidential-announcement

roamer_1:
Wouldn't that be nice?

massadvj:
I think he can safely wait until as late as December 2023 to announce.  By that time, people will be clamoring for a realistic alternative to The Orange Man, and the nomination will pretty much be his for the asking.  DeSantis looks better as a governor than he will as a candidate. There are people out there already raising money for him. There is no reason for him to declare.

There is a reason Trump is baiting him. He is best positioned to just keep his powder dry.

catfish1957:
No wonder we have been experiencing Orange Vulcanic eruptions of late.

Maj. Bill Martin:
Sure hope so.  If not him, I'd probably back Pompeo.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version