Author Topic: More migrants are crossing the northern border into the U.S. as Mexicans fly to Canada and then head  (Read 297 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
More migrants are crossing the northern border into the U.S. as Mexicans fly to Canada and then head south

YOUR VIDEO BEGINS IN 00:03

Feb. 9, 2023, 6:00 AM EST
By Didi Martinez and Julia Ainsley
The number of migrants crossing the border from Canada into the U.S. is rising — in one sector by more than 700% — as more Mexicans desperate to get into the U.S. fly to Canada and attempt to cross in frigid temperatures.

One family recently stopped by Border Patrol in Vermont was carrying an 8-month-old baby in -4 degree Fahrenheit temperatures. A picture of the family shared by Customs and Border Protection on Facebook showed a man and woman carrying the baby and a 2-year-old in their arms through snow and ice in the dark of night.

Apprehensions in the area where the family was found, known as the Swanton Sector, which includes sections of Vermont, New York and New Hampshire, have increased to 1,146 from Oct. 1 to Dec. 31, 2022, from just 136 the year prior. Across the northern border, crossings from Canada into the U.S. have increased from 16,000 to 42,000 over the same time period, according to CBP data.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/immigration/more-migrants-crossing-northern-border-canada-us-freezing-rcna69588
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
It must be quite a burden for all these poor people to "pay" for those one-way tickets. :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
105 Migrants from 8 Countries Caught Sneaking Across Frigid U.S.-Canadian Border

BOB PRICE8 Feb 20236

Swanton Sector Border Patrol agents continue to see a spike in border crossings despite temperatures falling to minus 22 degrees Fahrenheit during the past week. Recently, agents apprehended 105 migrants from eight different nations during a week-long stretch.

Swanton Sector Chief Patrol Agent Robert Garcia tweeted photos of a group of migrants apprehended after crossing the Canadian border into New York. Garcia described the migrants as part of a “snow-covered group.”

Chief Garcia reported that the recent arctic blast dropped temperatures in the region to -22 degrees. He said the migrants apprehended came to the sector’s area of responsibility from eight different countries. The chief did not disclose what nations those were.

Garcia also tweeted photos showing the illegal crossing paths into Franklin and West Berkshire, Vermont. The chief reports similar ecological damage caused by migrants discarding clothing an other debris. This is similar, on a smaller scale, to the damage caused on Texas ranches along the Rio Grande that separates Mexico and the U.S.

https://www.breitbart.com/border/2023/02/08/105-migrants-from-8-countries-caught-sneaking-across-frigid-u-s-canadian-border/
Thomas Jefferson

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Robert Garcia tweeted photos of a group of migrants illegal aliens apprehended after crossing the Canadian border into New York. Garcia described the migrants as part of a “snow-covered group.”

Fixed!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien