Author Topic: When does an illegal migrant STOP qualifying for free city housing?  (Read 688 times)

Offline Kamaji

When does an illegal migrant STOP qualifying for free city housing?

By NY Post Editorial Board
February 8, 2023

What’s the endgame for New York City’s migrant madness?

Mayor Eric Adams just booked the entirety of “the world’s tallest Holiday Inn” — that’s almost 500 rooms — to house some of the 44,000-and-counting migrants who’ve landed here.

The burn rate of tax bucks to pay for this is obscene: At full capacity, the inn contract alone will cost some $10.5 billion through May 2024. (No wonder Adams recently implied the sky’s the limit on the crisis’ ultimate cost to the city).

For skeptics who say migrants can’t possibly fill it to the brim for that long — why not?

The migrants keep coming across the southern border, thanks to our president’s wave-them-in policy, and his State of the Union speech gave no hint of plans to change it.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/02/08/when-does-an-illegal-migrant-stop-qualifying-for-free-city-housing/

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: When does an illegal migrant STOP qualifying for free city housing?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2023, 05:02:59 pm »
I don't see an endgame in sight as long as the Feds keep pushing money at NYC.  Question:  Did Holiday Inn have the right to refuse this service, or is there a NYC law that says HI has to allow it?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2023, 05:04:53 pm »
I don't see an endgame in sight as long as the Feds keep pushing money at NYC.  Question:  Did Holiday Inn have the right to refuse this service, or is there a NYC law that says HI has to allow it?

Why would Holiday Inn refuse?  They're getting paid for every room in the building, for an apparently open-ended, if not unlimited, period of time. 

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2023, 07:21:45 pm »
Why would Holiday Inn refuse?  They're getting paid for every room in the building, for an apparently open-ended, if not unlimited, period of time.

Other Hotels have sustained damage in excess of the fees the government is paying out on the Left Coast.  Not sure why the illegals in NYC would be any better on the rooms.   :shrug:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2023, 07:29:17 pm »
Other Hotels have sustained damage in excess of the fees the government is paying out on the Left Coast.  Not sure why the illegals in NYC would be any better on the rooms.   :shrug:

I'm sure they've taken that into consideration.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2023, 07:41:34 pm »
I'm sure they've taken that into consideration.

I hope so.   :2popcorn:
I will NOT comply.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2023, 08:14:22 pm »

When their prison sentence for illegal entry is up.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2023, 08:57:28 pm »
They don't.  That's why its cheaper to give them one-way bus tickets to another state or to Canada.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2023, 11:22:35 pm »
The Post editorial asks:
"What’s the endgame for New York City’s migrant madness?"

Fishrrman answers:
There IS NO "endgame".
They just keep coming.
And coming.
And coming.
And coming.
And...

Online Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2023, 11:41:28 pm »

They are illegalWhy do they qualify in the first place?!  9999hair out0000  Send them home first class.  It's cheaper! 

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2023, 07:05:39 pm »
Miranda Devine
@mirandadevine
Mount Sinai Hospital, Madison Avenue, NYC: Patients left lying in hallways, urine soaked floors, pans of vomit left for hours in overcrowded wards. This city is overwhelmed by illegal migrants and homeless so services are failing even with sky high taxes
2:33 PM · Mar 19, 2023

Story and photos at Daily Mail
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org