Author Topic: NFL to honor Air Force doctor who helped save Damar Hamlin's life  (Read 147 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
NFL to honor Air Force doctor who helped save Damar Hamlin's life

Thomas Gnau, Springfield News-Sun, Ohio
Wed, February 8, 2023 at 2:41 PM EST·4 min read

Feb. 8—The National Football League Thursday will honor the Air Force trauma surgeon who helped save the life of Buffalo Bills safety Damar Hamlin after his heart stopped during a Jan. 2 game against the Cincinnati Bengals.

The league will honor Lt. Col. Valerie Sams and some of her University of Cincinnati colleagues at a pre-Super Bowl event in Glendale, Ariz. She will depart later today for that.

For Sams, it will be just one moment in what has become an extraordinary career.

"It's a little awkward at the moment, but it's a really great opportunity for us to highlight what we do and highlight our Air Force involvement here," she said in an interview with this news outlet Wednesday, her first interview with a civilian newspaper about the care she and her colleagues gave Hamlin.

https://news.yahoo.com/nfl-honor-air-force-doctor-194100446.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: NFL to honor Air Force doctor who helped save Damar Hamlin's life
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2023, 11:37:52 am »
 :flag:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis