Author Topic: Sen. John Fetterman hospitalized after 'feeling lightheaded' at Senate Democratic retreat  (Read 2494 times)

Offline mountaineer

Heaven forbid anyone find out just how incapacitated he is.
NYT stealth-edits article about John Fetterman after journo-Karen gets offended over accurate term
Posted at 1:58 pm on February 10, 2023 by Sarah D

Earlier today, the New York Times made quite a splash with an extensive article about Pennsylvania Sen. John Fetterman’s litany of health and cognitive issues following his massive stroke last May. Apparently Fetterman has not been totally healthy and fine and able to serve in the necessary capacity required of a U.S. Senator. ...

But before you go giving the New York Times props for finally coming clean about Fetterman’s problems, it’s important that you realize that if they have to choose between casting aspersions on Fetterman and Co. and casting aspersions on Fetterman’s critics, they’ll go for his critics. Recall this passage from Annie Karni’s article:

The attacks during the campaign — Fox News’ Tucker Carlson called him “unapologetically brain damaged” and Republicans accused him of lying about his health — also are never far out of mind. Some of those aspersions continue; the Republican National Committee blasted out a clip earlier this month of Mr. Fetterman tripping over the word “water” at an event announcing $340 million in federal funding for Philadelphia to modernize its water infrastructure. On Thursday night, Mr. Carlson was back to attacking Mr. Fetterman’s health even as he recuperated in the hospital. “Sad, but also, you wonder, what is going on?” Mr. Carlson said.

But even that swipe at Fetterman’s critics wasn’t enough for some New York Times readers, who took issue with a particular phrase in Karni’s article (emphasis ours):
    As Mr. Fetterman adjusts to his new life, the Senate and his colleagues are also adjusting to his special needs.
Apparently “special needs” was too offensive a term to use in this particular context. ...

[T]he phrase “special needs” no longer appears in the article  ...
Twitchy
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Sounds like it's time to appoint the lovely Gisele to his Senate seat.

I think that was the plan all along.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Polly Ticks

Right?  It looks like it is going to be yet another win for the conspiracy theorists.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Right?  It looks like it is going to be yet another win for the conspiracy theorists.

And if this does happen as some of us predicted I feel sorry for PA...from what I've read and what I've heard of her speaking at her husbands events she thinks "The Squad" is Conservative.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Kamaji

I'd bet good money on that proposition.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
NYT: Fetterman Likens Post-Stroke Symptoms to Hearing Teacher from ‘Peanuts’ Cartoon

Nick Gilbertson 10 Feb 2023

Sen. John Fetterman (D-PA) has described his post-stroke auditory processing disorder symptoms, when they are their worst, as trying to listen to and interpret the teacher from the “Peanuts” cartoon, the New York Times reported Friday.

The freshman Senator from Pennsylvania suffered a stroke just days before the Democrat primary last year, though he still handily won the nomination. In the months that followed, Fetterman stayed out of the public eye while a general election race with Republican nominee Dr. Mehmet Oz approached, and public scrutiny ensued.

Fetterman dodged debates for months, prompting local and national newspaper editorial boards to pressure him to take the stage with Oz. When he finally began making public appearances, his trouble with communicating and speaking became alarmingly apparent, and at their lone debate, Fetterman relied on closed captioning to adequately understand the moderators and his opponent.

Despite it all, he handily beat out Oz for the seat, giving the democrats a 51-seat majority in the U.S. Senate.

But, as the Times reported Friday, Fetterman may have pushed it too hard on the campaign trail and “set himself back permanently,” and his transition into the U.S. Senate has proven to be a “difficult period.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/02/10/nyt-fetterman-post-stroke-symptoms-like-hearing-peanuts-teacher/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
As I have said before...expect his wife to finish his term in the forseeable future.
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
The Times printing this piece is like the decision leaking out of the politburo that Mr. Fetterman has served his purpose and will soon be exiting the scene. Smoke signals on the horizon.

Will his wife, the illegal, get the seat in his place?
Whispers are that Shapiro might hand the job to Conor Lamb, instead...

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
Whispers are that Shapiro might hand the job to Conor Lamb, instead...

Conor's a lefty but he's at least more qualified that Fetterman's illegal alien commie wife.  Probably the best possible outcome for PA.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline mountaineer

Talking about Lumpy John always makes me crave ice cream, for some reason.

Offline Idiot

Talking about Lumpy John always makes me crave ice cream, for some reason.

Watch an episode of Dr. Pimple Popper and ice cream will repulse you.  happy77
« Last Edit: February 11, 2023, 04:04:16 pm by mrpotatohead »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

As I have said before...expect his wife to finish his term in the forseeable future.

Jack Posobiec
@Jack Posobiec

The PA governor will only be able to appoint Fetterman's replacement until the next general election, which means PA will have 2 Senate seats up in 2024

10:19 AM · Feb 11, 2023

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Fetterman hears voices like the teachers in 'Peanuts' after stroke, struggles to adjust to Senate life: report
Aubrie Spady

Newly elected Sen. John Fetterman has described his severe hearing disability as causing him to hear the voice of the teacher from the "Peanuts" cartoon when listening to people speak, the New York Times reported.

Fetterman suffered a stroke in May 2022 while campaigning for Pennsylvania's open Senate seat, causing him to have cognitive issues, including a problem with auditory processing.

The senator, who is in the hospital after experiencing lightheadedness Wednesday, has also struggled to adjust to life in the Senate, given the challenges of recovering from his stroke and the need for technological tools to help him conduct conversations with staff and colleagues.

Fetterman has to carry around a closed captioning device that types out what is being said to him so that he can have conversations, since he cannot fully understand the spoken word on his own.

more
https://news.yahoo.com/fetterman-hears-voices-teachers-peanuts-124130780.html?fr=sycsrp_catchall/&guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cubHVjaWFubmUuY29tLw&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAALqwK0cefG3iNN-qr9FGPxUfSg_xydbhg_y4kLRl-m5Obopq1gafQaPR3YcCLkBa_0oWhztFijW9L2HvkvPGGtyqjpJHFfuJzj0pkmcWYMeMtg3l8LIG2Ug4e4lSjGtet9VNzv-ecQwEl3dFDDESpj07IkvfHMZ5Zc574t9czTFu
Support the USO

Offline Idiot

Fetterman hears voices like the teachers in 'Peanuts' after stroke, struggles to adjust to Senate life: report
Aubrie Spady

Newly elected Sen. John Fetterman has described his severe hearing disability as causing him to hear the voice of the teacher from the "Peanuts" cartoon when listening to people speak, the New York Times reported.

Fetterman suffered a stroke in May 2022 while campaigning for Pennsylvania's open Senate seat, causing him to have cognitive issues, including a problem with auditory processing.

The senator, who is in the hospital after experiencing lightheadedness Wednesday, has also struggled to adjust to life in the Senate, given the challenges of recovering from his stroke and the need for technological tools to help him conduct conversations with staff and colleagues.

Fetterman has to carry around a closed captioning device that types out what is being said to him so that he can have conversations, since he cannot fully understand the spoken word on his own.

more
https://news.yahoo.com/fetterman-hears-voices-teachers-peanuts-124130780.html?fr=sycsrp_catchall/&guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cubHVjaWFubmUuY29tLw&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAALqwK0cefG3iNN-qr9FGPxUfSg_xydbhg_y4kLRl-m5Obopq1gafQaPR3YcCLkBa_0oWhztFijW9L2HvkvPGGtyqjpJHFfuJzj0pkmcWYMeMtg3l8LIG2Ug4e4lSjGtet9VNzv-ecQwEl3dFDDESpj07IkvfHMZ5Zc574t9czTFu
The guy obviously shouldn't be a U.S. senator, but I do feel for him in his struggle to recover.  I'm dealing with my 92 yr. old mom who is recovering from a stroke.  So I fully understand his struggles.  May God heal him of this awful affliction.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Speaks volumes that the dimocratic party puts out cognitive decay and impairment as models of leadership......  (Biden and Fetterman)

Power at any cost.......
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline mountaineer

I just read the 'lump has checked himself into a psych hospital for depression. WTH.

Offline Polly Ticks

I just read the 'lump has checked himself into a psych hospital for depression. WTH.

OMG.

Have all the leftists starting gushing about how strong and brave he is yet?
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline mountaineer

There's a separate thread already posted.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
There's a separate thread already posted.

About the "Lump"?  Nice!
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline mountaineer

About the "Lump"?  Nice!
About the 'lump's psych ward adventures.