Author Topic: James O’Keefe Is on Paid Leave From Project Veritas  (Read 4018 times)

Online Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
James O’Keefe Is on Paid Leave From Project Veritas
« on: February 09, 2023, 03:09:41 am »
https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2023/02/james-okeefe-project-veritas-paid-leave.html

James O’Keefe, the founder and chairman of Project Veritas, has taken a paid leave from the conservative nonprofit media organization as its board considers whether to remove him from his leadership position, according to current and former employees of the organization.

An internal message sent to Project Veritas employees by the organization’s executive director, Daniel Strack, said that O’Keefe would be taking “a few weeks of well-deserved PTO.” An image of the message was shared by a source familiar with the organization’s internal operations, and its authenticity was confirmed by a current employee. When reached for comment on his personal cell phone, O’Keefe said nothing in response and did not respond to follow-up calls and text messages. Through a Project Veritas spokesman, Strack later released a statement on behalf of the organization. “Like all newsrooms at this stage, the Project Veritas Board of Directors and Management are constantly evaluating what the best path forward is for the organization,” the statement read in part. It did not directly address questions about O’Keefe’s employment status. “There are 65+ employees at Project Veritas dedicated to continuing the mission to expose corruption, dishonesty, waste, fraud, and other misconduct in both public and private institutions,” the statement read. “To our supporters: We hear you, we care about you, and we will never give up.”

O’Keefe is his organization’s guiding ideological force and onscreen face, but his status as its day-to-day manager has become uncertain amid reports of internal turmoil, lawsuits from former employees, leaks about its internal workings, and a federal investigation into its conduct in purchasing a diary stolen from Ashley Biden, the president’s daughter. Strack’s internal message to employees made reference to what he called “a distracting time” and said that a board meeting had been held to discuss “the health of the organization” and that while “we have not come up with final solutions yet we have made a few immediate decisions.” The message said two top Project Veritas executives, including the nonprofit’s chief financial officer, had been “reinstated.” Multiple sources said that the pair had recently been fired by O’Keefe.

Excerpt.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: James O’Keefe Is on Paid Leave From Project Veritas
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2023, 03:16:22 am »
He just blew the lid off with one of their biggest under cover block busters yet, with Pfizer, and he's being reprimanded?

Something strange is going on, and isn't making sense.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2023, 03:46:35 am »
James O’Keefe Is on Paid Leave From Project Veritas
Intelligencer, Feb 8, 2023

James O’Keefe, the founder and chairman of Project Veritas, has taken a paid leave from the conservative nonprofit media organization as its board considers whether to remove him from his leadership position, according to current and former employees of the organization.

An internal message sent to Project Veritas employees by the organization’s executive director, Daniel Strack, said that O’Keefe would be taking “a few weeks of well-deserved PTO.” An image of the message was shared by a source familiar with the organization’s internal operations, and its authenticity was confirmed by a current employee. When reached for comment on his personal cell phone, O’Keefe said nothing in response and did not respond to follow-up calls and text messages.

Through a Project Veritas spokesman, Strack later released a statement on behalf of the organization. “Like all newsrooms at this stage, the Project Veritas Board of Directors and Management are constantly evaluating what the best path forward is for the organization,” the statement read in part. It did not directly address questions about O’Keefe’s employment status. “There are 65+ employees at Project Veritas dedicated to continuing the mission to expose corruption, dishonesty, waste, fraud, and other misconduct in both public and private institutions,” the statement read. “To our supporters: We hear you, we care about you, and we will never give up.”

O’Keefe is his organization’s guiding ideological force and onscreen face, but his status as its day-to-day manager has become uncertain amid reports of internal turmoil, lawsuits from former employees, leaks about its internal workings, and a federal investigation into its conduct in purchasing a diary stolen from Ashley Biden, the president’s daughter. Strack’s internal message to employees made reference to what he called “a distracting time” and said that a board meeting had been held to discuss “the health of the organization” and that while “we have not come up with final solutions yet we have made a few immediate decisions.” The message said two top Project Veritas executives, including the nonprofit’s chief financial officer, had been “reinstated.” Multiple sources said that the pair had recently been fired by O’Keefe.

More: https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2023/02/james-okeefe-project-veritas-paid-leave.html?utm_campaign=nym&utm_source=tw&utm_medium=s1

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2023, 01:11:32 pm »
He just blew the lid off with one of their biggest under cover block busters yet, with Pfizer, and he's being reprimanded?

Something strange is going on, and isn't making sense.
Agreed.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2023, 02:41:36 pm »
Hard to know much at this point.  Thereay be some stuff that has happened that we don't know about.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2023, 04:56:08 pm »
Hard to know much at this point.  Thereay be some stuff that has happened that we don't know about.

Maybe he pinched a girl's butt when he was 17.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2023, 05:06:26 pm »

When all the facts come out what Pfizer did, it might be one of the biggest politico-business scandals in history.  The powers that be, might even be a lot more powerful than we realize when the moths get too close to the flame.

I think O'Keefe might have gotten into the Matrix like guys with suits and sunglasses territory with this one, and shit happened.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2023, 05:31:25 pm »

Or a boy's butt./s
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2023, 06:21:51 pm »

The thing is, he apparently isn't talking either.  If it was a complete railroad job with no basis, you'd think he'd say something.  Or maybe he's just waiting because he thinks it's nothing and will blow over.

I'm not saying it's justified, and I'm not saying it isn't.  I'm just saying that it might be smarter to wait for more information before jumping to conclusions.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2023, 06:22:44 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2023, 06:26:40 pm »
The thing is, he apparently isn't talking either.  If it was a complete railroad job with no basis, you'd think he'd say something.  Or maybe he's just waiting because he thinks it's nothing and will blow over.

I'm not saying it's justified, and I'm not saying it isn't.  I'm just saying that it might be smarter to wait for more information before jumping to conclusions.

Agree, and I sure hope it isn't a career buster.  He's the best we've had since his mentor Brietbart.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2023, 06:30:24 pm »
The thing is, he apparently isn't talking either. 

He may be merely contractually bound.  :shrug:

Offline rustynail

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2023, 06:40:00 pm »

I am also guessing maybe one the most powerful companies in the world right now (Pfizer) is threatening the full wrath of their legal might at the Koch Brothers,  who pretty much underwrite Project Vetias' efforts, and this might be a way of  reining in  O'Keefe's work. 

I know that's  a tad out there.   But we are living in a world where what used to be conspiraicy theorist ideas are now becoming more "common-place" than tin foil.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2023, 06:42:56 pm »

https://twitter.com/shipwreckedcrew/status/1623745790710792192

Yeah, I forgot about the Pedo POTUS and the smoking gun of him showering with his daughter. 

That might get the sunglassed Matrixed guys after you too.

Offline Mod2

« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2023, 06:44:45 pm »
Merged threads

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2023, 06:48:54 pm »
I am also guessing maybe one the most powerful companies in the world right now (Pfizer) is threatening the full wrath of their legal might at the Koch Brothers,  who pretty much underwrite Project Vetias' efforts, and this might be a way of  reining in  O'Keefe's work. 

I know that's  a tad out there.   But we are living in a world where what used to be conspiraicy theorist ideas are now becoming more "common-place" than tin foil.

No... It's speculative, but certainly not that far 'out there'...

As of right now, there's a clamp on it, so until there's more information, everything is speculative.

I just can't read that either direction, because in my experience, boilerplate contracts always bend toward non-disclosure, and keep disagreements and such in-house, or outsourced to privacy-minded neutral parties.

So unless someone squeaks, it's all a big, fat, null (as in coding, redirect to nothing...).  :shrug:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2023, 07:33:36 pm »

All true....I was being a wiseguy.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2023, 07:52:47 pm »
It is hard to imagine Project Veritas without O'Keefe.  I don't think this is about the Pfizer case. I think there is concern on the board's part about other legal exposure (ie, the diary or the numerous lawsuits they face). Without O'Keefe PV would be a shell of its former self, just as Breitbart is.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2023, 09:01:14 pm »
If Project Veritas did not purchase Ashely Biden's diary, the National Enquirer would have.

They're ditching O'Keefe because he's bringing down too much heat on the organization from the Federal Government.  This might be a good topic for the Weaponization of FBI House Committee.

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Online Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2023, 09:20:03 pm »

Could be, but I'd be shocked if there was anything tight enough to prevent him from telling his side of this after its all over.  That is, unless he signs a major severance that includes confidentiality.

So if he really thought he was getting screwed, he likely would refuse severance and just fight it.

Offline verga

« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2023, 04:15:48 pm »
 :bkmk:
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2023, 04:23:52 pm »
Could be, but I'd be shocked if there was anything tight enough to prevent him from telling his side of this after its all over.  That is, unless he signs a major severance that includes confidentiality.

So if he really thought he was getting screwed, he likely would refuse severance and just fight it.

Well yeah... But the key there is 'when it's all over'... All I am saying is that until more info shakes out, this thing is going down a corporate black hole... I can smell it.

No doubt the truth will out. Just not now.  :shrug:

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2023, 04:35:43 pm »
Tim Pool
@Timcast
BREAKING: @TimcastNews has obtained the letter from Veritas Employees stating grievances over @JamesOKeefeIII.
Interestingly a note says that many signees never witnessed or experienced any abuse.
A Source refutes the claims implying its a coup.
2:19 PM · Feb 9, 2023
James O'Keefe Accused of 'Erratic Behavior' by 16 Project Veritas Employees
'James has become a power drunk tyrant,' said one unnamed employee in a letter submitted to the organization's board
Published: February 09, 2023
By Hannah Claire Brimelow

A group of 16 Project Veritas employees asked the non-profit’s board of directors to remove founder James O’Keefe in a letter exposing internal tensions within the organization.

The group claims O’Keefe’s management style and business operations are “antithetical” to the organization’s core values.

Timcast obtained a copy of the letter sent to the Project Veritas Board of Directors, Project Veritas Action and the organization’s executive management. The 11-page document included anonymous reports from witnesses and second-hand accounts of a “pattern of behavior” that “severely limit(s)” the staff’s “ability to execute the PV mission.”  ...
More

Sounds like PV let a liberal fox into the henhouse, and that person now is trying to destroy everything O'Keefe created.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2023, 04:36:43 pm »
Tim Pool
@Timcast
BREAKING: @TimcastNews has obtained the letter from Veritas Employees stating grievances over @JamesOKeefeIII.
Interestingly a note says that many signees never witnessed or experienced any abuse.
2:19 PM · Feb 9, 2023More

Sounds like PV let a liberal fox into the henhouse, and that person now is trying to destroy everything O'Keefe created.

I was thinking that very same thing.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2023, 04:58:15 pm »
Tim Pool
@Timcast
2:19 PM · Feb 9, 2023More

A coup against O'Keefe?

That is about the dumbest thing I have ever heard.  O'Keefe is Project Vertias.  It's his brainchild, tactics, contacts, and networks.  Without him, they are history.  He ought just let it play out, and start anew, with new underwriting. 

This is 10 levels of dumb, if you ask me.