Author Topic: U.S.-Led West Opposed Peace Deal in Ukraine  (Read 82 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
U.S.-Led West Opposed Peace Deal in Ukraine
« on: February 08, 2023, 04:01:58 pm »

U.S.-Led West Opposed Peace Deal in Ukraine

Former Israeli Prime Minister Naftali Bennett said Russia and Ukraine seemed eager to end the fighting early last year. But the U.S. and its allies had other plans.

Pedro L. Gonzalez
21 hr ago

Naftali Bennett, then the prime minister of Israel, found himself praying aboard a cramped, decrepit plane last year as it sailed over Kazakhstan. The long flight, arranged with help from the Mossad, was bound for Moscow on a desperate mission: broker peace between Russia and Ukraine just after the two countries had gone to war.

According to Bennett, Russian President Vladimir Putin made two major concessions during their March 5 meeting. First, he renounced “denazification”—that is, regime change in Kiev. Second, he dropped his demand for Ukraine’s demilitarization. Bennett said President Volodymyr Zelensky agreed to abandon Ukraine’s pursuit of NATO membership in exchange. Both Putin and Zelensky seemed eager to end the fighting. But the U.S. had other plans.

https://contra.substack.com/p/us-led-west-opposed-peace-deal-in?r=lj90&utm_medium=ios&utm_campaign=post
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson