Author Topic: Physical and Mental Combat Readiness  (Read 113 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Physical and Mental Combat Readiness
« on: February 08, 2023, 03:48:51 pm »
Sun, 02/05/2023 - 9:10pm
Physical and Mental Combat Readiness

By Gustavo Arguello

The United States Army is an organization designed for war, created to protect America's interests at home and abroad. Accomplishing the country's strategic goals, protecting America's freedoms, and supporting the nation in times of need, requires well-equipped and professionally trained Soldiers. The Army needs mentally and physically prepared Soldiers to meet operational environment demands across all war domains. Reaching combat readiness requires a holistic health approach, including spiritual practices, mental health, physical conditioning, proper nutrition, and good sleep practices (Department of the Army [DA], 2020a).

Soldiers apply strength and endurance and use their cognitive capabilities to execute combat operations (DA, 2020a), and to maintain high levels of attention and strength Soldiers require sleep, sleep is like a resupply operation for the Soldier. Physical and mental preparation for operational environment demands is a commander's responsibility, and leadership involvement is critical to mission success because mental health and fitness are imperative to a Soldier's lethality and overall readiness to prepare Soldiers for the chaos of war.

Soldier’s Lethality

https://smallwarsjournal.com/jrnl/art/physical-and-mental-combat-readiness
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Physical and Mental Combat Readiness
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2023, 03:54:14 pm »
Doesn't readiness include diversity, transgenderism, gay rights, eco-friendly fuel, feminism, CRT knowledge, eco-friendly bombs and missiles, and respect for the rights of the enemy?  At least in the woke military of today, anyway? *****rollingeyes*****
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Physical and Mental Combat Readiness
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2023, 04:01:26 pm »
Gustavo is more full of Bush than a Christmas turkey.

Can you say "Cover my ass and protect my career?

I WAS one of the guys he was talking about back in the 60's,and that little bit of Rah,Rah,Rah would have produced hysterical laughter.

Then again,the reporter may have had no other choice than to look this paper-pusher up because there is no way in hell anybody is special operations would even tell him what time it is because you just do NOT give any outsiders ANY intel on what you are doing,how you are doing it,or anything else about your operations. Not even if it is a personal friend you have known and served with for years,and getting caught doing so is about the quickest way I can think of to gain a new and VERY boring assignment and the guarantee that you will NEVER get promoted again regardless of how long you stay on active duty.

BTW,MY standard response when greeting an old friend that asks me where I have been and what I have been doing is "I've been here,there,and the other place,doing this and that." That tells them without giving away any real information,and answers his question in a way he immediately understands it.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2023, 04:04:17 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!