Author Topic: San Diego County readies for ‘substantial increase of migrants’ should Title 42 end  (Read 164 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
San Diego County readies for ‘substantial increase of migrants’ should Title 42 end
by: Salvador Rivera

Posted: Feb 7, 2023 / 06:11 PM CST

Updated: Feb 7, 2023 / 06:11 PM CST

SAN DIEGO (Border Report) — The San Diego County Board of Supervisors is taking up a readiness plan to “ensure the safety and well-being of asylum seekers” as it expects “an anticipated substantial increase in the number” once Title 42 is lifted.

Part of the board’s resolution is a call for the federal government to provide more financial support and other resources to help migrants who will transit through San Diego bound for other parts of the country.

County of San Diego Chairwoman Nora Vargas speaks in support of a readiness plan for the county as more migrants are expected to transit through the region once Title 42 is lifted. (Salvador Rivera/Border Report)

“Now, more than ever we should lead the way in building a just and humane immigration system that rises to meet the challenges of the current situation around the world,” said Chairwoman Nora Vargas. “This effort starts locally, and it will take a bipartisan approach to solve this humanitarian issue. While this happens, and with the safety of the asylum seekers in mind, we need to ensure that we are ready with the services and resources they need to receive them in the most humane way in their journey to their destination.”

https://www.borderreport.com/immigration/san-diego-county-readies-for-substantial-increase-of-migrants-should-title-42-end/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
With 10s of thousands of illegal alien squatters invading the area, San Diego with be such a beautiful place! :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson