Author Topic: McConnell slams Rick Scott over 12-point agenda, claiming it could cost him reelection  (Read 240 times)

Offline corbe

McConnell slams Rick Scott over 12-point agenda, claiming it could cost him reelection

by Cami Mondeaux, Breaking News Reporter
February 10, 2023 07:47 AM

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) hit out against Sen. Rick Scott (R-FL) over the Florida Republican’s proposed agenda for the party, calling it a “bad idea” that could cost him reelection in the Sunshine State.

Scott announced the 12-point “Rescue America” agenda nearly a year ago, ahead of the midterm elections, a move that raised eyebrows as he broke with McConnell and other Republican leaders who declined to release a blueprint for how they would govern if they retook the majority of either congressional chamber. The Florida Republican then used that agenda to mount a leadership bid against McConnell last month.

“[Rescue America] is a bad idea,” McConnell told radio host Terry Meiners on his podcast. “I think it will be a challenge for him to deal with this in his own reelection in Florida, a state with more elderly people than any other state in America.”

<..snip..>

https://12ft.io/proxy?q=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.washingtonexaminer.com%2Fnews%2Fsenate%2Fmcconnell-slams-rick-scott-agenda-could-cost-him-reelection

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
The one thing McConnell never has to worry about is being attacked by Rats.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
The one thing McConnell never has to worry about is being attacked by Rats.

Rats never attack each other, only Republicans do that.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline corbe

McConnell says sunsetting Social Security, Medicare is a ‘Rick Scott plan’ only

BY OLAFIMIHAN OSHIN - 02/09/23 10:54 PM ET

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-K.Y.) said in an interview on Thursday a proposed initiative to sunset Social Security and Medicare was not a “Republican plan,” but one proposed and supported only by fellow Sen. Rick Scott (R-Fla.).

Scott, who was unsuccessful in his run against McConnell for the top seat in the National Republican Senatorial Committee, proposed a plan in 2022 to sunset all federal legislation after five years, forcing Congress to reauthorize them.

“Unfortunately, that was the Scott plan, that’s not a Republican plan,” McConnell told Terry Meiners on his self-titled podcast, noting that Republicans never planned to implement Scott’s policy, even if they had won the majority in November.

<..snip..>

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/3852262-mcconnell-says-sunsetting-social-security-medicare-is-a-rick-scott-plan-only/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Never put your evil plans in writing before you implement them.

Also, don't create a PowerPoint presentation for the coup you are about to attempt.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.