Author Topic: Border Patrol Chiefs: Biden’s Border Crisis is “Overwhelming”  (Read 129 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Border Patrol Chiefs: Biden’s Border Crisis is “Overwhelming”

“I don’t have the correct adjective to describe what’s going on”

WASHINGTON—Today, the House Committee on Oversight and Accountability held a hearing titled “On The Front Lines of the Border Crisis: A Hearing with Chief Patrol Agents.” Chairman Comer and Committee Republicans outlined how President Biden and his administration’s policies created the worst border crisis in American history. U.S. Border Patrol Chiefs testified about a crisis that has set records for the arrests of illegal border crossers, migrant deaths, narcotics seized, and suspected terrorists arrested trying to illegally cross the border.

Last Congress, Democrats did not hold a single hearing on the humanitarian and national security crisis at the border. Today’s hearing was the first time the committee heard from U.S. Border Patrol agents during the Biden Administration about their ongoing efforts to secure the border.

Key Takeaways:

The Biden Administration ignited the worst border crisis in American history and placed U.S. Border Patrol agents’ lives at risk by removing deterrent-focused immigration policies and border enforcement tools.

Mr. John Modlin, Chief Patrol Agent for the Tucson Sector, emphasized that apprehensions at the southern border have dramatically increased under the Biden Administration.  “In 2020, our total encounters were 66,000. That figure nearly tripled in 2021, and then quadrupled last year. We closed last year, 2022, with over 250,000 encounters in Tucson, Arizona. That is a 257% increase in just two years… agents responded to over 3,500 lost or distressed migrants who needed to be rescued or required emergency medical care. Many of these were difficult and dangerous mountain rescues, putting agents’ lives in danger.”

https://oversight.house.gov/release/border-patrol-chiefs-bidens-border-crisis-is-overwhelming/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson