Author Topic: NYC’s pink pigeon ‘Flamingo’ dies from dye, likely painted for gender reveal  (Read 276 times)

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat

When doves die.

New York City’s mysterious pink pigeon, named Flamingo, died last night after allegedly suffering an adverse reaction to the dye coating its body.

“We are deeply sad to report that Flamingo, our sweet pink pigeon, has passed away,” NYC bird rehabber the Wild Bird Fund wrote in a heartbreaking squab-ituary making rounds on Facebook.

The rose-colored rock dove had become an instant cele-birdie after WBF rescued it from Madison Square Park last month. Ornithology experts were flummoxed by Flamingo’s pink coloration, which they suspect was deliberately painted on as part of a bird-brained gender reveal stunt.

https://nypost.com/2023/02/07/nycs-pink-pigeon-flamingo-dies-a-week-after-rescue/
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline DefiantMassRINO

If the parents to be could do that to a pigeon, imagine what they'll do to their child.  That's just sick, cruel, and demented.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
It is damn flying rat.  People are upset over this when real people in NY are getting robbed and shot.  WTF.   
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.