Author Topic: Clyburn: Iowa, New Hampshire Don’t ‘Reflect the Electorate of the United States of America’  (Read 682 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Clyburn: Iowa, New Hampshire Don’t ‘Reflect the Electorate of the United States of America’

Pam Key 7 Feb 2023

Representative James Clyburn (D-SC) said Tuesday on MSNBC’s “José Díaz-Balart Reports” that the Democrats changed their presidential primary schedule because New Hampshire and Iowa do not “reflect the electorate of the United States of America.”

Díaz-Balart asked, “Congressman, the speech comes days after the Democratic National Committee voted to make South Carolina the first primary state in 2024. What does this mean for South Carolina? What is the message that the Democratic Party is sending?”

Clyburn said, “Well, I think the message the Democratic Party is sending is very simple, that we have a very diverse country, a very diverse party, and all of that should be honored. I don’t have anything against New Hampshire or Iowa, but I don’t know that anybody in this country can legitimately argue that those two states reflect the electorate of the United States of America.”

“They don’t. And to have Nevada and New Hampshire going on the same day, they complement each other,” he continued. “On the same day, you have those two states, with totally different voting populations, having their say. It is not fair for one state to always be first. That’s not the way things ought to be. We ought to have a country that honors everybody’s efforts. To say that I’ve got to always be first is a little bit like saying I’ve got to always be at the front of the bus.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2023/02/07/clyburn-iowa-new-hampshire-dont-reflect-the-electorate-of-the-united-states-of-america/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
but I don’t know that anybody in this country can legitimately argue that those two states reflect the electorate of the United States of America.”

True.  Those states are full of hard working law abiding folk who cling to their guns, religion and wholesome family values.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline rustynail

First they change all the TV commercials and next the voting is made black dominated.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
And what he smirkily skirts around is the fact that the black population of SC is double that of the whole of America, so it's not exactly representative of the population either.

Not to mention the fact that this is being done solely to get Sniffy re-elected.
The Republic is lost.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

No single state reflects the entire electorate of the United States.

I'd like to see the primaries scheduled by Electoral Votes cast, from fewest to most.  That, way both parties couldn't ignore smaller, rural states.

Currently, small rural states gets the shaft because they have fewer popular votes, Electoral votes, and donors.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Online roamer_1

I'd like to see the primaries scheduled by Electoral Votes cast, from fewest to most.  That, way both parties couldn't ignore smaller, rural states.

Currently, small rural states gets the shaft because they have fewer popular votes, Electoral votes, and donors.

I would rather show concern for regions... The issues in the PacNW are way different than east coast and south... Have the regions defined and then pick succession by the draw from a hat. If the PacNW is drawn first, then the PacNW states lead off... and then etc.

That way the various regions all have a chance of being in the limelight. As it is now, with the exception of Ca, Wa, and OR, the west and most of the midwest and desert SW don't matter a whit.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical

Meh the small rural states more than make up for it in the senate and ev.

Online roamer_1

Meh the small rural states more than make up for it in the senate and ev.

That's the vote, which is after the fact...
The point is the issues on the front page (and in the public conscience) when the campaign circus comes to town...

A campaign forced to start in the DesertSW is going to be way different than one starting in the Northeast... The issues raised would be wholly different.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Odd, when democrats say have gotten so bad changes must be made.  Same problem areas democrats have dominated.  When the changes are made, its nearly always to make those areas even worse.  Their game seldom varies as to application towards their agendas.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Iowa and New Hampshire are too white.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

White, tight, and dyn-o-mite!
The Republic is lost.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

The corn is yellow. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
The corn is yellow.

Asians are worse than Whites....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Wasn't it the Iowa caucuses that propelled Obama ahead of Hillary?

////00000////

Those damned racist bastards!
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline Hoodat

Biden finished fourth in Iowa and fifth in New Hampshire in 2020.  Biden owes his nomination to South Carolina.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-