Author Topic: Canada complains that New York is using a legal loophole to send migrants its way, buying them bus t  (Read 204 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Canada complains that New York is using a legal loophole to send migrants its way, buying them bus tickets to the border
Tom Porter Feb 7, 2023, 7:11 AM
Asylum seekers, Roxham Road

Once in the north of the state, migrants cross into Canada to claim asylum.

Republicans have sent busloads of migrants to New York to score political points.

An immigration official in Quebec has said it is "surprising" that New York authorities are sending migrants to Canada's border.

Quebec immigration minister Christine Fréchette made the comment after the New York Post reported that National Guards are handing out free bus tickets for migrants to travel to Plattsburgh, in the north of New York state.

https://www.businessinsider.com/canada-complains-new-york-loophole-deport-migrants-2023-2
« Last Edit: February 07, 2023, 04:11:18 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
It is fortunate these destitute Mexican peasants are well educated so they can tell NY officials they want to go to Canada! wink777
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Oh, this is too rich.  So many limousine liberal woke hypocrites being outted as complete frauds.

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.