Author Topic: Donald Trump excluded from prospective GOP presidential candidates donor retreat  (Read 552 times)

Offline corbe

Donald Trump excluded from prospective GOP presidential candidates donor retreat

by Cami Mondeaux, Breaking News Reporter
February 07, 2023 08:03 AM

The prominent conservative fundraising group Club for Growth has invited a slew of prospective GOP presidential candidates to its annual donor retreat next month, with one big name left off the guest list: former President Donald Trump.

Club for Growth, which is known for its anti-tax and other conservative economic policies, is set to hold its annual retreat next month in which the group introduces possible candidates to big party donors ahead of the primary cycle.

David McIntosh, president of the group, told reporters the decision to leave Trump off the list wasn’t a personal slight, but he noted that Republican chances to win back the White House would be diminished with the former president at the top of the ticket.

“The party should be open to another candidate,” McIntosh said in a meeting with reporters on Monday.

<..snip..>

https://12ft.io/proxy?q=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.washingtonexaminer.com%2Fnews%2Fcampaigns%2Fclub-for-growth-invites-gop-except-trump
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Trump can raise money from the individual Internet donations and use the shunning by the donors as a favorability ... Orange Robin Hood vs the Turtle Sheriff of Nottingham.
Self-Annointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Well, he just blasted the Club for Growth publicly a week ago, so I wouldn't expect them to then turn around and invite him to their retreat.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

The prominent conservative fundraising group Club for Growth has invited a slew of prospective GOP presidential candidates to its annual donor retreat next month, with one big name left off the guest list: former President Donald Trump.

Excellent.

ColBen Bannister
@ColBannister

See: China
See: Big Pharma
See: The Endless war machine

Jack Posobiec 🇺🇸
@JackPosobiec
·34m

You have to understand there are vested interests that stand to lose billions if Trump becomes president again

That's what this is all about

10:23 AM · Feb 9, 2023

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Could this actually become another feather in Mr. Trump's anti-establishment hat...?

Could this actually become another feather in Mr. Trump's anti-establishment hat...?

888blackhat

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"

Sure.  But I don't think there are any voters out there likely to be swayed by it who aren't already hardcore Trump voters.