Author Topic: CBP officers seize fentanyl, cocaine worth nearly a half million dollars  (Read 130 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
CBP officers seize fentanyl, cocaine worth nearly a half million dollars
by: Dave Burge

Posted: Feb 6, 2023 / 05:02 PM CST

Updated: Feb 6, 2023 / 11:32 PM CST

On Wednesday, Feb. 1, CBP officers encountered a 24-year-old male, Mexican citizen who arrived from Mexico via the vehicle lanes. The individual was referred for a secondary inspection of the vehicle where a thorough search led CBP officers to locate 2.33 pounds of cocaine.

Approximately 30 minutes later, CBP officers encountered a 31-year-old female, Mexican citizen who arrived from Mexico via the vehicle lanes. The individual was referred for a secondary inspection of the vehicle where an X-ray scan and CBP canine helped CBP officers located 21.6 pounds of cocaine and 12.95 pounds of fentanyl.

On Sunday, Feb. 5, CBP officers encountered a 35-year-old male, U.S. citizen who arrived from Mexico via the vehicle lanes. CBP officers referred the individual to secondary where a non-intrusive exam of the vehicle was conducted. Anomalies were detected and further search of the vehicle resulted in the discovery of 20.19 pounds of cocaine.

The individuals were arrested by CBP officers were turned over to federal, state and authorities for prosecution.

https://www.borderreport.com/immigration/border-crime/cbp-officers-seize-fentanyl-cocaine-worth-nearly-a-half-million-dollars/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: CBP officers seize fentanyl, cocaine worth nearly a half million dollars
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2023, 03:39:47 pm »
Turned over for prosecution??  Don't they mean release? :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson