Author Topic: More Green Fairy Tales: Hydrogen To The Rescue?  (Read 122 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
More Green Fairy Tales: Hydrogen To The Rescue?
« on: February 07, 2023, 12:45:27 pm »
WRITTEN BY JUDITH SLOAN ON FEB 6, 2023. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS

More Green Fairy Tales: Hydrogen To The Rescue?

sun cable projectI love a good fairy tale as much as the next person: Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, Hansel and Gretel, Sun Cable. The really tragic part of this list is that it’s only Sun Cable that doesn’t have a happy ending.

Who would have thought that a project that involved hundreds of solar panels located in the middle of nowhere, a raft of gigantic batteries, and over 4,000 kilometers of underwater cables could fail? [emphasis, links added]

The answer is pretty much everyone, but when there are two bulls – OK, billionaires – in the same paddock, the initial response by the aggressive beasts is to believe in the fairy tale.

It just sounded so good: Australia as an energy superpower. We were going to supply 15 percent of Singapore’s electricity – this bit was actually news to Singapore – and at a mere $35 billion, at least, it was a complete steal.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/more-green-fairy-tales-hydrogen-to-the-rescue/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson