Author Topic: Trump's last Pentagon chief says Jan. 6 'felt like combat' but was not an 'insurrection'  (Read 1625 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
She saw the guy in front of her break the window.  The cops that were there screamed at them to stop, yelling "Get down", Get back"". The cop had drawn his gun, other people right next to her were shouting "he's got a gun!", And she started crawling through that broken window anyway.

That is participation in a riot, and also incredible dumbassery, at least in my book.

All that being said, I'm 100% sure that it would not have been considered justified if she had been a pro-abortion protester rather than a pro-Trump protester.

@Maj. Bill Martin

I disagree. There is a VERY high probabality she thought there was going to be some shooting,so maybe she was climbing through the window to find cover and get out of the line of fire?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I agree with that as a matter of current law, at least generally.  But as I said before, I do believe deadly force to stop rioters, looting, etc. Is justified if warnings have been given.

I also understand that the law doesn't agree with me on that.

I also understand the logic of saying that it was justified in this particular instance even if it normally would not be under current law.  You have a bunch of riotors physically breaking down barriers to force their way into the Capitol, and there are not enough cops to wrestle all of them down.  They had been warned over an extended period of time not to do what they were doing, but they continued to press forward.

There is no way to predict exactly what would have happened if those riders would have reached actual members of Congress, and I frankly don't believe that the Capitol police were obligated to wait and find out what would happen in that situation.  At some point, it has to stop.
Who opened the door?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
@Maj. Bill Martin

I disagree. There is a VERY high probabality she thought there was going to be some shooting,so maybe she was climbing through the window to find cover and get out of the line of fire?
Have you watched the actual video?

Offline mountaineer

Why hasn't the government informed the public that undercover MPD officers were chanting "our house!" and repeatedly urging protestors to advance up the northwest steps of the Capitol on January 6? Officer 2 said someone would get shot and went up right behind Ashli Babbitt.

https://twitter.com/FreeStateWill/status/1626992939174973440

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Have you watched the actual video?

@Maj. Bill Martin

No. Or if I did,I forgot,thanks to chemo brain.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Here's one of them.  There are some others from different angles.

https://www.nbcnews.com/video/capitol-shooting-that-led-to-ashli-babbitt-s-death-captured-on-video-99180613572

@Maj.Bill Martin

While it IS true that she should have never been involved with the crowd actively trying to break into the Congressional offices,she was CLEARLY standing off to the side,and was NOT involved in trying to break the glasses or the doors.

Yet,the punk-ass cop CLEARLY picked her as the target he wanted to kill while ignoring the men who were actually  trying to break the door down.

IMNSHO,that cop needs to be brought up on murder charges.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
@Maj.Bill Martin

While it IS true that she should have never been involved with the crowd actively trying to break into the Congressional offices,she was CLEARLY standing off to the side,and was NOT involved in trying to break the glasses or the doors.

Yet,the punk-ass cop CLEARLY picked her as the target he wanted to kill while ignoring the men who were actually  trying to break the door down.

IMNSHO,that cop needs to be brought up on murder charges.
No argument, but what actually happened was he got a medal for murder.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
No argument, but what actually happened was he got a medal for murder.

@GtHawk

Takes a brave man  to shoot an  unarmed woman  to death while facing males armed with tools.

Who knows,maybe something bad will happen to him soon?

We can all hope.